Sludge Removal Products?

Scrub Hunter

I was wondering what you guys use to remove Sludge, especially since I have a model tagged as a potential sludge beast. I heard that solvent type products are dangerous so I would prefer to hear about something that works more slowly if possible, I don't want my filter cloggin. Thanks in Advance-

I was wondering what you guys use to remove Sludge, especially since I have a model tagged as a potential sludge beast. I heard that solvent type products are dangerous so I would prefer to hear about something that works more slowly if possible, I don't want my filter cloggin. Thanks in Advance-

Well #1, do you know for a fact you have sludge or any? People said the samething about on my 98 on BITOG and they were/are full of it.

Here is my 98 with just about 100,000 miles doing 8 to 12,000 mile drains using Amsoil and UOA. (the sludge prone)...

This pix where BEFORE using any oil adds etc. I have many more too.

clearshotti4.jpg

#2, Solvants are no more dangerous then anything out there. You can use MMO, kerosene, diesel fuel, Seafoam, Lc20, and some others.

I have used AutoRX (did nothing and have pixs to prove it) and LC20 which give me WAY better wear numbers then Amsoil + will / DOES remove sludge.

I think 90% of the adds out there are WAY over pimped. The best bang for dollar is seafoam and a great multi-tasker. Can clean sludge, clean TB's, etc. Can be bought most anywhere.

For way better wears numbers, cleans sludge, clean TB, cleans rings packs etc. get LC20. Only bought online.

I think 90% of the adds out there are WAY over pimped.

I went over to Bobtheoilguy and I can't find hardly any posts that say LubeControls LC20 is an effective cleaner. I did however see that the most popular cleaner seams to be Autorx. Do you have any posts over on BITOG that I can lookup? Don't take offense to this Bro but if you think additves are "overpimped" why do you pimp for LC?

• 4 weeks later...
I think 90% of the adds out there are WAY over pimped.

I went over to Bobtheoilguy and I can't find hardly any posts that say LubeControls LC20 is an effective cleaner. I did however see that the most popular cleaner seams to be Autorx. Do you have any posts over on BITOG that I can lookup? Don't take offense to this Bro but if you think additves are "overpimped" why do you pimp for LC?

I used Auto-RX and it worked for me, cut open filters and saw sandy particles between filter element pleats.

mburnickas, you old pal "shelby" from BITOG posted that you are a troll that register under many names to bash Auto-RX. I respect your expertise on oil and your opinion, but if shelby is right, this is getting old...

mburnickas, you old pal "shelby" from BITOG posted that you are a troll that register under many names to bash Auto-RX. I respect your expertise on oil and your opinion, but if shelby is right, this is getting old...

I know what shelby does; childish to no end. Problem with him is he THINKS I am still out there. I have not posted on BITOG in months (too political); even Frank and his admins know this. Plus I have bettter things to do with my time then worry about Shelby, BITOG, oil etc and what he thinks. What makes it 100% funny is that it is not even me. He is losing it and you are right, getting old.