Is350 Sport Pkg Vs. Luxury

I will be looking at an IS350 tomorrow and would like to hear from others that have compared one with a Sport pkg and Luxury pkg w/ the 18" wheels.

My last two cars (2006 M45 and 2003 BMW 530i) have had the sports pkg. The way manufacturers package a sport pkg can vary the results. I like a sporty ride but not "track level", which is to say responsive but also somewhat forgiving.

Color may also have a factor. The dealer has 3 IS350's. The two luxury models are Smoky Granite Mica while the sport is Black Sapphire Pearl w/ black leather interior.

Any feedback would be helpful!

Regards,

Chris

PS: I have test driven a 2007 BMW 335i w/ sports pkg. The 335i is very fast and responsive. However there is a savings of (roughly) $5k between the IS350 and 335i. I might give the nod to BMW for performance but is it worth $5k.

Happy Holidays Chris,

Good luck with whichever car you decide on. I drove the 3 series BMW prior to the IS 250 AWD that I bought. The BMW does have more power but I just didn't like the car well enough to give it a second test drive. I thought the Audi A4 drove better. I didn't look at the Infiniti G35 because I don't like the looks plus I haven't been fond of Nissan products. As far as the the sport package, for me I am tired of getting beat around on the choppy roads around my area. My last two cars had 18" wheels. The ride was firm to harsh and the wheel has more exposure to pot holes. I wanted the IS 350 but feel the AWD will get better use. The IS 250 has plenty enough power for my daily commute. I actually like the way it handles the twisty back roads better than the BMW. It didn't plow through the corners. Only you can justify the price and option differences. Also, take a look and snoop around the service departments of Lexus and BMW. The folks at the Lexus dealer (Annapolis, MD) are much nicer than those at the BMW/MINI dealer I dealt with my last car.

v/r Greg

Happy Holidays Chris,

Good luck with whichever car you decide on. I drove the 3 series BMW prior to the IS 250 AWD that I bought. The BMW does have more power but I just didn't like the car well enough to give it a second test drive. I thought the Audi A4 drove better. I didn't look at the Infiniti G35 because I don't like the looks plus I haven't been fond of Nissan products. As far as the the sport package, for me I am tired of getting beat around on the choppy roads around my area. My last two cars had 18" wheels. The ride was firm to harsh and the wheel has more exposure to pot holes. I wanted the IS 350 but feel the AWD will get better use. The IS 250 has plenty enough power for my daily commute. I actually like the way it handles the twisty back roads better than the BMW. It didn't plow through the corners. Only you can justify the price and option differences. Also, take a look and snoop around the service departments of Lexus and BMW. The folks at the Lexus dealer (Annapolis, MD) are much nicer than those at the BMW/MINI dealer I dealt with my last car.

v/r Greg

I have a luxury package IS350. I believe that only the luxury package includes seat and steering wheel memory, as well as power steering wheel adjusting. To my taste, these are practically necessary items - you want the car to remember your settings. All other modern cars have this - why lexus only included it in the luxury package I'll never understand. Good luck.

I have a luxury package IS350. I believe that only the luxury package includes seat and steering wheel memory, as well as power steering wheel adjusting. To my taste, these are practically necessary items - you want the car to remember your settings. All other modern cars have this - why lexus only included it in the luxury package I'll never understand. Good luck.

I have a 06 350 with sports package that also came with all the features you mentioned. the only thing the sports package does not have is the rear power sunshade. although I would have liked to have it, but its not a deal breaker for me.

The main reason why I didnt go for a 250 was because of the options available for the 350. Power steering wheel adjustment, memory settings, HID, Mark Levinson, Tilt down rear mirrors, etc are all unavailable for the 06 250. When I was given a 250 as a loaner car, the difference was profound.

For example, in the 350 the steering wheel will retract and extend as the car is shut off and started, whereas the 250 just comes on and off, nothing in the car moves. And when backing into a tight spot, the lack of tilt down mirrors really made that task difficult now that I am totally spoiled by having them.

It would probably take me a long while to get used to driving another car without those options, fortunately I wont have to for a long time.