3m Clear Shield

Hi,

Anyone installed the 3M clear shield on the full hood? Since the ES isn't coming for another 1 to 2 weeks, I have no idea whether the 48" wide 3M film is wide enough to cover the full hood (I am not too crazy about covering just the front 24" in., the line may stand out too much)

And if you have done it, can you tell me if $850 - full hood, bumper, fender flares and side mirrors is too much ot just right.

Thanks,

Larry

Hi Larry,

The 3M film will not fit across the entire hood.

I recently had the 3M film put on my ES350 (Smokey Granite Mica) and the line is not noticeable due to the dark exterior color.

The line is only noticeable upon close detailed inspection.

Depending on your car's color you may want to re-consider another paint chip resistant film that can cover the entire hood if your really sensitive about the line across the hood.

My installer showed me his white Acura NSX and the line was somewhat noticeable.

I went with 3M film due to reliability and quality reasons, plus 5yr warranty.

To date 3M has had no warranty claims from any disappointed customer.

I recently washed my vehicle after 6hr road trip from NorCal to SoCal and the film looks the same as the day it was installed (amazing stuff).

I paid $650 (partial hood, front bumper, fender flares) - you may be able to negotiate down, since only a quarter of the hood can be covered with the 3M film.

Good luck..!

Hi,

Anyone installed the 3M clear shield on the full hood? Since the ES isn't coming for another 1 to 2 weeks, I have no idea whether the 48" wide 3M film is wide enough to cover the full hood (I am not too crazy about covering just the front 24" in., the line may stand out too much)

And if you have done it, can you tell me if $850 - full hood, bumper, fender flares and side mirrors is too much ot just right.

Thanks,

Larry