New Es350

MyES350

Hello,

I just joined this forum as I purchased a new ES350 yesterday. This is my first Lexus and really looking forward to learning a lot about the car from all of you experts. I was wondering if anyone has had any success with adding Sirius satellite radio to an 07? I do not have Nav. in the car, but I have to imagine that there is a clean way to integrate Sirius. Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

Jeff

Dear Newbie,

The ES350 is a nice machine. Adding a Sirius radio can be done but get a a good installar that does fabrication. Do not let the boys at Circuit city or Best Buy hack up your new car. We have a guy here in ST Louis I could recommend but do not know of any where you are.

Good Luck and Enjoy.

PS How is the car in the snow?

• 1 month later...

It is amazing how much Lexus charges to make satelite radio standard. If I wanted I could put a kit in for somewhere around $600 with the purchase of the unit and Lexus wanted $2000. Quite the premium for seemless integration.

If your dealer is charging you $2,000 for the install find another dealer. Most dealers will do it for around $600.

You can also just buy the kit and have a car audio installer do it for you.

They're not being upfront with you. The satellite radio is a dealer installed kit. Every car comes ready to accept this kit, they're charging you $2k for a part and then to install that part. If you just buy the part, anybody can install it.

Satellite radio is not an option from the factory.

• 2 weeks later...

They're not being upfront with you. The satellite radio is a dealer installed kit. Every car comes ready to accept this kit, they're charging you $2k for a part and then to install that part. If you just buy the part, anybody can install it.

Satellite radio is not an option from the factory.

I waited for the official Lexus Kit and got tired of waiting. I finally went with the Vais tech integration and it is PERFECT. Not 2K but around $500 with professional install that came to me. I have since even taken the unit out and had it upgraded to new firmware at no cost. Can't say enough about the customer service. :) java script:emoticon(':)', 'smid_11')