How To Stop The Shifting Lag. (proper Shifting)

when you are at a stop, set the shifter to Sport mode and shift down to 1. hit your display button to the Gear screen. when you want to shift, just let go of the gas pedal or just a little and shift up. the car will shift right away without the lag feeling. if you don't let go of the gas, there will be a lag because the transmission need to stop the rev. before it can shift to not damage it. I've been doing that and there is no lag when i shift, but beaware that to shift to the last gear 6, you have to be going faster than 40mph or just take it above 40 mph shift and then reduce speed to below 40 and it will stay on 6. it is a lot more difficult to get into the 6 gear when your car is not warmed up. so, try that out and enjoy. shifting range should be about 2500rpm and above to not get the 2 seconds lag.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish there, but when I make an accleration run, I just leave the trans on 6, push the ect on button and go. The car shifts just fine automatically with pedal to the floor till I decide to let off. I don't see any real advantage to using the paddles in this case because the car can shift faster than I can.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish there, but when I make an accleration run, I just leave the trans on 6, push the ect on button and go. The car shifts just fine automatically with pedal to the floor till I decide to let off. I don't see any real advantage to using the paddles in this case because the car can shift faster than I can.

This is for people who like to do the mannual shifting but hated the lag when they try to shift themselves. I've read a couple of posts where people were complaining that when they use the mannual shift the car tend to shift itself instead.

Of course the car will shift better because it is designed to but in this case it is suppose to help them feel like it is as real as a mannual. not much but i like it a lot better than letting the car decide when it wants to shift.

Thanks for the reply, i was not very clear in the post.