Rx350 Service At Lexus Or Toyota?

Hi~

I just purchased a RX350 and wondering about maintenance.

Lexus of Austin told me 5,000 mile oil change is about $100...what's included in the service? Is it literally only the oil chage? Is this something I can do personally? IF so what brand oil does it use?

And what services are needed during the vehicle's life span? (If possible the cost as well...Sorry about this question but I ahve no idea of car repairs..)

Finally, is it OK to take the RX350 to any local vehicle shops around Austin to save $$$? How about a Toyota dealer? Can they perform the same maintenance and charge me less?

I was planning to get an X3 since they have the full maintenance program but I'm glad I got a RX350...I love it...

Happy Holidays~~~

Go wherever is cheapest that you feel OK doing the list of things you want done ... NO REASON to use Lexus imho.

Totally agree....no reason to pay big $$'s for a oil change. I remember awhile back I had my 05 RX330 in for warped rotors (covered under warranty) and asked Lexus to rotate my tires. They wanted to charge me something like $80 bucks....just to rotate the tires. I went to my local Firestone and they did it for me for $15.

BTW, how do you like the performance of your new RX350? How does the 270HP feel?

BTW, how do you like the performance of your new RX350? How does the 270HP feel?

i got to test drive the car as a loaner for a service one time. The throttle is very sensitive, too sensitive for my touch. 230 horses is good enough for me.

i continue to go to lexus. If you want help paying for the services, apply for a Lexus Pursuit Visa Card, to get points. The points can be used to redeem as cash for paying for a service. THe points really add up if you use the card often. I usually get free services...lol

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Go wherever is cheapest that you feel OK doing the list of things you want done ... NO REASON to use Lexus imho.

Totally agree....no reason to pay big $$'s for a oil change. I remember awhile back I had my 05 RX330 in for warped rotors (covered under warranty) and asked Lexus to rotate my tires. They wanted to charge me something like $80 bucks....just to rotate the tires. I went to my local Firestone and they did it for me for $15.

I took mine into Les Scwab and asked what they'd charge to do a tire rotation. They said they'd do it no charge for me as a complimentary service.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow! There is absolutely NO additional work required to rotate tires when you've already got them off to turn the brake rotors.

Edit: I suppose there is a little additional work if you rotate the spare as per the owner's manual. But $80 to remove and re-install a spare?!?