Warning: Newbie - Trying to find information about old SC300

twahjudi

Hi all,

First of all, I'm a newbie here. No Lexus yet. I'm looking to buy '92-'94 SC300, hopefully with manual tranny.

Well, in my quest, I got a few questions about SC300s. First, did these cars come with LSD ? OR at least, was it an option ? Secondly, where can I find more complete technical specs ? I tried FAQ, but I guess that's for administrative purposes.

Lastly, is there anything I should watch out for in looking at used SC300 ? Should I avoid the manual tranny or auto ? Insights are appreciated. Thanks !

I know that the automatics had an option for traction control. It's a blessing in the snow, but for balls out driving in takes the fun away. You can turn it off and diff still transfers a little power under slippage, but under full throttle you'll smoke one tire. The manuals didn't come with trac, i don't believe. as far as things to look for, i can't think of any, just as long as the person has had it maintained it should be fine, they're very reliable cars. I have a 1992 sc300 auto for sale if you're curious. i've done some after market work and such to it. so email me if you're interested. voeltzjo@mnstate.edu