Door Lock Actuator

utexasrick

So the door lock actuator went out on the front left. It moves very little when I try to lock it using the switch or remote. So I called the dealer to see how much a new one was, and they wanted $460 for it. Thats insane! Anyone know where I can get one for less. If I can't get one I'm just going to rig something up to use one from another car.

So the door lock actuator went out on the front left. It moves very little when I try to lock it using the switch or remote. So I called the dealer to see how much a new one was, and they wanted $460 for it. Thats insane! Anyone know where I can get one for less. If I can't get one I'm just going to rig something up to use one from another car.

Don't have any help for you other than to comiserate as mine did a similar thing about a year ago. Weird thing is that mine will un-lock fine 99% of the time but will only lock about 5% of the time. I've gotten in the habit of just locking the driver door manually as I exit the car as all the other doors work fine. If you find any answers to this dilema please let us all know. I plan to get into the mechanisim sometime and try to rig a fix, perhaps the holidays will provide that time, I'll let you know if I come up with anything as well.

Don't have any help for you other than to comiserate as mine did a similar thing about a year ago. Weird thing is that mine will un-lock fine 99% of the time but will only lock about 5% of the time. I've gotten in the habit of just locking the driver door manually as I exit the car as all the other doors work fine. If you find any answers to this dilema please let us all know. I plan to get into the mechanisim sometime and try to rig a fix, perhaps the holidays will provide that time, I'll let you know if I come up with anything as well.

Same problem. Both passenger side door lock actuators are faulty on my 99 RX. Lexus wants $950 to replace both locks.

The part is about $280 I thouht. Check Lexus of Plano TEXAS on line. by the way I tried fixing the part, but it is a no go, just plain worn out. Had to replace it. I just looked, $269 but I would call and ask if this is the Lock assembly because that is what you need. Kind of a pain to replace, removing door panel is the real challenge.