Driving In Deep Snow

We had a pretty good snow yesterday and today. When I got out this morning, the side streets had about 10 inches of snow, with even more at the intersections where the snow plows had pushed more into the side streets from the main roads. The 400h did well, not slipping or getting stuck. In this storm there were plenty of people getting stuck, including some SUV's and 4wd trucks. So it was definitely a good test.

I could tell that the tires are not the best in the snow. I will get some with more aggressive tread when I replace the original tires.

• 2 weeks later...

No problem here...about 30" on the ground.

Wow! 30" and the RX-400 got through that. That's great. I've always been worried that snow of that depth would get up under car and cause it to float up losing traction and even get up in the engine or battery compartments even with an undercarriage plate.

How did it handle in snow that deep?

Wow! 30" and the RX-400 got through that. That's great. I've always been worried that snow of that depth would get up under car and cause it to float up losing traction and even get up in the engine or battery compartments even with an undercarriage plate.

How did it handle in snow that deep?

No problem...32" first storm...14" in the second...never got stuck! Oh and 18" in the third...

We had a pretty good snow yesterday and today. When I got out this morning, the side streets had about 10 inches of snow, with even more at the intersections where the snow plows had pushed more into the side streets from the main roads. The 400h did well, not slipping or getting stuck. In this storm there were plenty of people getting stuck, including some SUV's and 4wd trucks. So it was definitely a good test.

I could tell that the tires are not the best in the snow. I will get some with more aggressive tread when I replace the original tires.

We have a spare set of tires w/ studs for MT driving, but with the AWD ... and no more than a few inches of snow on the road this winter, and w/ no excess ice on hills, has meant that the studded set is still sitting in the garage. Maybe any time now & we'll take the studded set down to Big O and have them installed ... then we will REALLY go crazy out there on the ice !! :^)