Ipod Issue

RDE

I'm using my new Ipod thru the accessory jack in my 2007 IS350. It works fine, except when I plug it into the power supply at the same time, I get a high pitched electrical hum, alternator noise. On battery only, no noise. I suspect I need a ground loop isolator. The Radio Shack model has RCA plugs on one end. While this can be adapted to 1/8", does anyone know of a small unit with 1/8" plugs on both ends?

Additionally, it would be nice to have a charger/audio wire all built into one that has an Ipod adapter on the other end. One end has the cig lighter plug and a 1/8" stereo wire; the other has an Ipod dock connector. Anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks,

Russ

I'm using my new Ipod thru the accessory jack in my 2007 IS350. It works fine, except when I plug it into the power supply at the same time, I get a high pitched electrical hum, alternator noise. On battery only, no noise. I suspect I need a ground loop isolator. The Radio Shack model has RCA plugs on one end. While this can be adapted to 1/8", does anyone know of a small unit with 1/8" plugs on both ends?

Additionally, it would be nice to have a charger/audio wire all built into one that has an Ipod adapter on the other end. One end has the cig lighter plug and a 1/8" stereo wire; the other has an Ipod dock connector. Anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks,

Russ

I have the same issues, with my Monster charger (the only one I could find that would fit in the console)

Thanks,

Russ

I have the same issues, with my Monster charger (the only one I could find that would fit in the console)

You probably want a USA-SPEC or SOUNDLINQ aux ipod adaptor for your factory radio. Itll allow you to control your ipod through your factory radio and ipod and you'll get true digital sounds. Look into stuff like that. It'll also charge your ipod while its connected. Try Al & Ed's Autosound or Crutchfield.

Thanks,

Russ

You probably want a USA-SPEC or SOUNDLINQ aux ipod adaptor for your factory radio. Itll allow you to control your ipod through your factory radio and ipod and you'll get true digital sounds. Look into stuff like that. It'll also charge your ipod while its connected. Try Al & Ed's Autosound or Crutchfield.

Thanks. I looked at those items online. They look great but more involved and expensive than I want. I don"t care about controlling the ipod from the radio - I just want a better way to plug it into the existing aux and power jacks.

• 6 months later...
RDE,

According to the manual, when connecting an iPod to the aux input and using the power tap, noise will be generated. I might suggest looking at Dension USA for their iPod car kits.

Regards,

Chris

Electrical Connection (www.electricalconnection.com) sells a 3.5mm Ground Loop Isolator which I'm experimenting with to resolve the problem. Lexus should really include this in the wiring or make the part available. It is $2 worth of electronics.