Air Suspension-rear End Sinking- Sensor?

Baby Alex

Hi,

I have a 93LS400 with air suspension. It has two settings, one to ride high or one to ride low. When I set it to high it works properly. When I set it to low the rear end sinks to the ground a few hours after I shut the car off.

I believe three of the air shocks have been replaced. One of the rears is original I believe so maybe it just needs to be replaced but I am wondering if there is some sensor of some sort that could be malfuctioning instead of just the shock.

I say that because all four shocks work perfectly when set to high but malfunction in the rear (while car is off) when set to low.

Any ideas?

By the way, it actually did sink in the rear once when the car was on and driving (this was while set to "low" setting) but I pulled over, set it on high and it's been fine ever since.

Thank you

• 2 months later...

I've got the same... how did you resolve the problem? Thanks, Tom

Hi,

I have a 93LS400 with air suspension. It has two settings, one to ride high or one to ride low. When I set it to high it works properly. When I set it to low the rear end sinks to the ground a few hours after I shut the car off.

I believe three of the air shocks have been replaced. One of the rears is original I believe so maybe it just needs to be replaced but I am wondering if there is some sensor of some sort that could be malfuctioning instead of just the shock.

I say that because all four shocks work perfectly when set to high but malfunction in the rear (while car is off) when set to low.

Any ideas?

By the way, it actually did sink in the rear once when the car was on and driving (this was while set to "low" setting) but I pulled over, set it on high and it's been fine ever since.

Thank you

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Bumping old topic. Dealer tells me I have a sensor issue on the right rear and wants to replace for $400 parts and $150 labor. They aired up the suspension manually using a computer but it drops and stays low always otherwise. Any advice?