Noise When Car Is Cold On Goes Over Bumps

Hello All,

Happy Holidays--I have a 2001 GS430 with 128K. Whenever the weather gets cold, 50 degrees or below, the front of my car begins to make noises when I go over speed bumps or anything else that causes the car to move up and down. It appears to be noise generated when the shock/springs compress and then release. I don't know much about shocks, springs, coilovers, etc. and thought I'd get some expert opinions as to what to look for. To my knowledge, I have all original shocks and springs, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Hello All,

Happy Holidays--I have a 2001 GS430 with 128K. Whenever the weather gets cold, 50 degrees or below, the front of my car begins to make noises when I go over speed bumps or anything else that causes the car to move up and down. It appears to be noise generated when the shock/springs compress and then release. I don't know much about shocks, springs, coilovers, etc. and thought I'd get some expert opinions as to what to look for. To my knowledge, I have all original shocks and springs, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

if you struts are original then i believe it is definitely time to change them. the second generation also seem to have lower ball joint issues. you should check them out too

Hello All,

Thanks in advance,

Brian

if you struts are original then i believe it is definitely time to change them. the second generation also seem to have lower ball joint issues. you should check them out too

Thanks--I'll look into it.