Reply From Lexus Dealership

THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH MY CAR.

THEY HAD 2 MECHANICS LOOK AT IT. AND NO CLUE.

found out the part my mechanic put on is a non lexus part (cheaper...) and my dad is bitching about that (i dont care..as long as it functions correctly).

they recommend replacing the mass air flow sensor and the hose... sensor is gonna be $600+ alone.

someone just shoot me.

cant do anything with it..since im not the full freaking owner (parents).

but trust me, i'd sell him if i could...it'd be like selling a puppy though, make sure he'd go to a good home ;)

stupid damn things that break down..

stupid hurting heart, i love my car so much.

:chairshot:

Do yourself a real favor and find a good import mechanic and take it there. The dealership is just hosing you raw. $600 for a MAF sensor? Rediculous. Will your dad only have it serviced at Lexus?

I bet the costs would at least be half at a good import shop.

oh, been there..done that...

the mechanic had a heart attack or something(WASP Auto- where we take all our toyotas and the lexus).

ill talk to my dad right now about an appointment there...

the mechanic who was out on health leave was the only one my dad trusted..so um..that kinda sucks

nothing can be done for the next couple of weeks, im at school and the family is off to memphis, TN to drop my sister off at school.

i told my dad though, i got a "we'll see"..that means no, but im gonna bug him until i get a yes.

thanks, by the way ;) to you and EVERYONE for helping me, and for putting up with my whining.

you could whine as much as you want!!lol..that car seems to give you nothing but headaches!i feel bad for you!i would also say find a good import mechanic and see what they say.i hope it all works out for you if not sell that lemon!!!! :D

i had a problem with my maf also once

my filterr fell off for my cold air and sucked up some dirt

it does cost around 600 for a new one

a wrecker can get one for much less too you

also

try getting a mechanic to clean it out

that is all i did to mine and it has worked great for 4 years

knowing the cute boy who fixed my car up, im sure they cleaned it out, i mean i got a whole new part, they musta made sure it was a clean set up... i feel bad for the mechanics, they want to know as badly as i do wtf is going on.. *Sniffle* my first car, what the heck..

i get him back today :) still gonna mess up on me every morning on the way to school (had to pay for 2 vehcile registrations thanks to the dealership..i hate that damn dealership, it is the only one that i know of in NC and THEY SUCKKKKKK......jerks, never called us back...we had to hound them with calls to get an answer back about the car....*grumble* good ridance....never going back there)

first day of school, let's hope i find a parking space....and that no one hits my car.... :angry:

so i got my car back...it's at my parents house :chairshot: :chairshot: (yes there are two there for a reason)

i can't drive it, under the recommendation of my mechanic....it's a safety issue since we don't know what the F is wrong with it..

when my parents get back from their trip Eze is going back to the shop to have cheap used parts put on him to see if it helps..

starting the with cheapist to the most expensive..my mechanic worries that the computer itself might be the issue..

i just want my damn car back..

i hate camrys..i just want my lil lexus back...it was so sad to see my dad drive off in him..*sniffle* poor car, locked in a garage for another week...

*sobs*

i just want my car so bad...just to sit in it and smell him....the smell of coco butter and my surfboard air freshner...

i dont know where you go piggy ...

but there is a dealership in raliegh, i belive near morrisville or cary called Johnson Lexus...how far is that from you?

little problem like that need to be approached slowly... i mean .. not all mechanics are going to figure out right away... they only work there remember that... Y would they care .?

i think with the problems your having... any body who's really good with cars can help...

to be honest .. from my experience,, Gm workers really know that they are doing....

My torque converter went out on my old car.... it took a real long time figureing out that it was the problem... sometimes you just get unlucky

good luck.... be patient... im sure its a small problem, just a !Removed! to figure it out...