330 Vs. 350 Power...is It Worth It?

I have a 05 rx330 and am considering upgrading to the rx350 just so i can get the extra horsepower. I really like my car but i have always found myself wishing for a few more ponies. Wondering what everybodies thoughts are on that? Does the rx350 FEEL like it has 50 extra horsepower?

I have an 05 as well ... I don't know that I'd trade up JUST for that ... of course there's the improved AWD and better graphics/voice-recognition for the NAV as well. Personally I'd wait for a while just b/c the brand new 2009 will be out in about 16 months or so. Plus there is a re-freshing of the RX 350 for the 2008 model appearing in February of 2007 ... maybe wait and see if you like the re-fresh? There will also be EXTREMELY good deals on the '07 RXs at that time as well (there are already really).

I have an 05 as well ... I don't know that I'd trade up JUST for that ... of course there's the improved AWD and better graphics/voice-recognition for the NAV as well. Personally I'd wait for a while just b/c the brand new 2009 will be out in about 16 months or so. Plus there is a re-freshing of the RX 350 for the 2008 model appearing in February of 2007 ... maybe wait and see if you like the re-fresh? There will also be EXTREMELY good deals on the '07 RXs at that time as well (there are already really).

Didn't know they are planning a re-fresh for the 2008 (in Feb, 2007). Any idea's whats coming with the re-fresh? That would be a good idea to wait on the 08's and if I don't like (or care) what I see, then I could take advantage of a attractive deal on an 07.

• 2 months later...

My 2004 RX330 was at the dealership for some work so I was given a 2007 RX350 as a loaner. There was a definite difference in power. The cars are indentical otherwise. I personally would not trade up just for the power increase, although I admit it was nice. The depreciation for the extra horsepower is not worth it to me. The power difference was most noteable on the freeway during passing.

Nancy

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely, worth it!

On the waiting game for newer models, newer will also be better.

Just like trying to buy a computer, which model will be latest and greatest.

I say get real and check your pocket book, and be happy.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you north of the snow line the AWD RX350 has a VC for "soft" locking of the rear driveline into the drive system. For some unknow(n,able) reason the VC was dropped for the entire RX330 product series and therefore it relies on ONLY the TC braking capability for maintaining engine torque at a "high" level therefore a substantial level of torque for allocation to the rear.

• 1 month later...

Just purchased my first Lexus; the 08 RX 350 and really love it. The salesperson told me that it is basically the same as the 07 model, except for the chrome door handles and 'new' front grille. Didn't know that the 18" wheels were 'new', but my car has them. I do like the power, but really have nothing to compare it to.

I'm new to this forum, as I am to Lexus; but if anyone has any questions about the 08 350, let me know and I'll do my best to answer. I've had the car for about a month now, so I'm still learning all the bells and whistles, and it does have a lot of them..

I have a 05 rx330 and am considering upgrading to the rx350 just so i can get the extra horsepower. I really like my car but i have always found myself wishing for a few more ponies. Wondering what everybodies thoughts are on that? Does the rx350 FEEL like it has 50 extra horsepower?

I had a 1999 RX300 I purchased new and it has been a great car. I passed the car on to my son and his wife when I purchased my new 2008 RX350 3 weeks ago. I can feel the difference in power between the 2 cars but would not trade just for the hp power. The thing that impressed me about the RX is that after driving the 350 and going back and driving the RX300 the 300 did not make be feel like I was getting back in a 8 year old car.