Windshield Wipers Are A Mess

DBrucher

It being December and store shelves empty in the Washer Fluid section, a slight problem has come up: I've found that when traveling at any speed between 30 and 60, when I spray off the windshield, the dirty fluid streaks all along ONLY the driver's side window. When going slower than 30, it just drips down where it should go, and faster than 60, it flows along the car's natural curve on the roof. It's a pain when it drips down into the door because then the 1st roll-down and up leaves nasty dirty water marks. Passenger side stays clean no matter what the speed. The car SHOULD be symmetrical, right? I see no difference with a close inspection.

Anything I can do? I don't want to have to buy those cheezy looking window cover things, but I may have to!

It sounds like you've got a weak stream... probably sediment forming in the spray nozzles. The weak stream is allowing the wind to direct the fluid around. If you clean the tips of the nozzles with a needle or sharp awl, they should spray out heavily and evenly... no matter what the speeds. They will always blow up along the roofline at speed, but that should readily dissipate by the time you slow down.

It sounds like you've got a weak stream... probably sediment forming in the spray nozzles. The weak stream is allowing the wind to direct the fluid around. If you clean the tips of the nozzles with a needle or sharp awl, they should spray out heavily and evenly... no matter what the speeds. They will always blow up along the roofline at speed, but that should readily dissipate by the time you slow down.

Nah, I've got more flow than a new pair of kidneys. It's just after the dirty water disappears above the windshield, it comes back down on the driver's side at moderate speeds.