Eibach Springs

95_SC400

Hey guys, I am about to change my struts to Tokicos and thinking about changing springs at the same time. I have access to Eibach springs, the only thing im unsure of whether they are for the sc300 or sc400. My question is:

1) Will this combo be too low?

2) Is there a difference between the SC300 and SC400 Eibach springs?

3) What else should I keep in mind or do in terms of suspension?

I had eibach on my 94 sc400 with the original shocks and did not like the looks or the ride. The ride was not comfortable. I was bouncing a lot on the freeway. I'm not sure if my original shocks were bad or not. I went through a set of Toyo T1-S real fast on the rear wheels. Again, not sure if this was related to the eibach and original shock combo. Also the eibach lowers the car one inch all around. If you don't like the look of the front gap being bigger than the rear gap, then eibach springs are the not the way to go. You won't get that aggressive stance look if that is what you're looking for. $285 plus shipping and handling, $75 to have them installed and $75 for alignment. So for almost $500, I did not like it at all. Then again, this is my experience with the eibach with original shocks and not with tokico. I eventually got tein cs and loving it.

Hopes this help and good luck!

moony400

I had eibach on my 94 sc400 with the original shocks and did not like the looks or the ride. The ride was not comfortable. I was bouncing a lot on the freeway. I'm not sure if my original shocks were bad or not. I went through a set of Toyo T1-S real fast on the rear wheels. Again, not sure if this was related to the eibach and original shock combo. Also the eibach lowers the car one inch all around. If you don't like the look of the front gap being bigger than the rear gap, then eibach springs are the not the way to go. You won't get that aggressive stance look if that is what you're looking for. $285 plus shipping and handling, $75 to have them installed and $75 for alignment. So for almost $500, I did not like it at all. Then again, this is my experience with the eibach with original shocks and not with tokico. I eventually got tein cs and loving it.

Hopes this help and good luck!

moony400

Thanks that does help. I just wanted to try this combo because on the other lexus forum it seems to be what almost everybody has. I will probably still go with the Tokico's but i dont know about the Eibachs now.

If anybody knows the spring rate of either the SC300 or SC400 Eibach springs that would be really helpful. Thanks!