Looking For Advice On Airbag Code 22 (1993 Ls400)

bm5650

Hello,

I recently had my instrument cluster rebuilt. After I installed it back in my airbag light came on. I know from doing a search that it’s a common issue. The problem I have is the code wouldn’t clear. I had no problem following the instructions located at http://www.lexls.com on clearing the code. The lights flash like they are supposed to when clearing. I then took the car to my mechanic who had a code reader. He tried to clear it and couldn’t. He said that it has a code 22. I checked the book and it says that possible causes are SRS warning light, Center airbag sensor assembly, or the wire harness. I took the cluster back out and checked the connections and the wire harness. I cannot see any problems. Has anyone had any experience with this code? What is the life expectancy of the center airbag sensor?

Thanks for any advice

Hello,

I recently had my instrument cluster rebuilt. After I installed it back in my airbag light came on. I know from doing a search that it’s a common issue. The problem I have is the code wouldn’t clear. I had no problem following the instructions located at http://www.lexls.com on clearing the code. The lights flash like they are supposed to when clearing. I then took the car to my mechanic who had a code reader. He tried to clear it and couldn’t. He said that it has a code 22. I checked the book and it says that possible causes are SRS warning light, Center airbag sensor assembly, or the wire harness. I took the cluster back out and checked the connections and the wire harness. I cannot see any problems. Has anyone had any experience with this code? What is the life expectancy of the center airbag sensor?

Thanks for any advice

Update: I took the car to the dealership. Their mechanic had no problem resetting the code. He said that alot of the readers out there dont have the ability to clear that code.