97 Es300 -odd Noise From The Front

odessit

Hello,

Got an odd problem - while driving at speeds of 40+ mph or while stopped at the lights -- there is an odd noise coming from the left/middle front part of the car. It is somewhat low tone, almost sounds like a bad ball bearing...

I took the front left wheel off but do not see any loose/missing parts. Break pads have plenty of life in them. Front strut seats were replaced about a year ago (but not the struts themselves).

Did anybody have a similar problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Alex

I have the same problem as well in my 95. I wish i knew what it was as it is annoying. I did have someone say at one point I had a loose lower control arm, maybe that is it? I thought it was my CV, since the boot was torn. But when i had that replaced, it did not make any difference.

I have the same problem as well in my 95. I wish i knew what it was as it is annoying. I did have someone say at one point I had a loose lower control arm, maybe that is it? I thought it was my CV, since the boot was torn. But when i had that replaced, it did not make any difference.

all the suspension pieces seemed to be snug (at least next to the front left wheel) as far as I can tell - it was nice outside yesterday, so I took the wheel off. The car is due for the oil change anyway. I will take it to the dealer and have them check. Will post once I know more.