Ls 400 '92 - 3k/per/year

andre

hello guys,

for the last 2 years i have a fully serviced '92 ls400 with 257K on it in almost mint condition. in that time i have done only 5000 klm ( i drive another car daily) and the car sits all the time in the garage :((

the question is:

do i need to do any services or any maintnance on it if i only drive it once a month?

regs andre

Yaksi Mash (sorry I know how to speak Polish but forgot how to spell.)

With that low a mileage per year I would make sure to change the oil and filter one a year and put some kind of gas stablizer in the gas tank as your gas is going to get old. I would hope you at least start the car up every month.

With that low a mileage per year I would make sure to change the oil and filter one a year and put some kind of gas stablizer in the gas tank as your gas is going to get old. I would hope you at least start the car up every month.

I drive the car every 4-5 weeks untill i use most of the fuel, than i tank it and park it in garage. engine oil looks very cleen :))

regs andre

ps.

it is "jak się masz?"

I drive the car every 4-5 weeks untill i use most of the fuel, than i tank it and park it in garage. engine oil looks very cleen :))

regs andre

ps.

it is "jak się masz?"

c'mon guys, please don't ignore my post :cries:

Since you driving it around once a month, it's not as serious a situation as if you were storing it for several months or more. The most you could really do is make sure the oil is changed every six months to a year, have the suspension (especially rubber bushings, etc.) checked to make sure they're okay because of extended periods of immobility, and run a trickle charger on your battery to make sure that the battery doesn't die. Other than that, there's really not much else you need to do. For everything other than oil changes, I would stick to regular maintenance intervals, judging on time, not mileage.

Since you driving it around once a month, it's not as serious a situation as if you were storing it for several months or more. The most you could really do is make sure the oil is changed every six months to a year, have the suspension (especially rubber bushings, etc.) checked to make sure they're okay because of extended periods of immobility, and run a trickle charger on your battery to make sure that the battery doesn't die. Other than that, there's really not much else you need to do. For everything other than oil changes, I would stick to regular maintenance intervals, judging on time, not mileage.

thanks "pweber5"

i disconect battery after each drive, and when i drive the car there are no noises or squicks...

regs andre