1993 Es300

Hello everybody... my first time up here :D !!!!

Im suppose to be buying a 1993 ES300 but Ive been reading everything you guys talk about and it sounds like the car give many problems (ex: radiator, cooling, over heating, ect...)

Im in love with the car, it looks beautiful but if its gonna give me problems then I dont want it.

HELP!!! I dont know if i should buy the car or not.

1993 ES300

Pearl white

Tan leather int.

6 DC changer

112,000 miles

$5,000..... sale price (good price)

The sellers told me that the car had no problems or anything wrong, He said all the car need is a tune up. Tomorrow Im going to look at the car with my uncle since I dont know anything about cars. I dont want to buy a car that im gonna have to replace the radiator, water pump.. this, that.. ect. and the car still gonna be over heating and acting up like some of the cars I've been reading about.

Get back at me with some help.. plz

I will keep ya updated with whatever happens.

MiZzLiLRuMp ;)

I suggest that before you buy this car you have a certified mechanic or a Lexus dealer check it out. It'll cost you some $ to have this done, but in my opinion it's worth it! ;)

The sellers told me that the car had no problems or anything wrong, He said all the car need is a tune up.

Well of course he's going to say that.

If you have access to the VIN # you can check the car's history and if you can you definitely should. Let me know and I can help you with that.

Key points to have checked (I'm no expert, but this is my opinion)

Timing belt - very important

radiator

tranny

fuel pump

*check for rust* anywhere on the car

Keep us posted :)

take it to a good mechanic for the look over and get a warrenty, and yeh, if you can, get a 94 or newer......the uprades are TOTALLY worth it

all i'm gonna say about the dealer is never ever trust someone who you are going to give lots of money to..

look over that car from front to back....all over...look at every last little detail of that car...including tire tread. and haggle for the price, there's gotta be something you can get the price knocked down for ;)

look around and see what else is availible, im sure you can find a newer that you'd like just as much...

(not saying NO to the one you're looking at, but i'd say get newer, wish i had)

all i coudl understand from mods is that, since the 92 was the first of it's type (not including the 250, but that's not the same style)...92 was the one with the issues, 93 had some add ons (ie passenger air bags, etc) the 94 was improved from that, and then we get the 95-96 *sigh* i want the latter.

92-93 had issues like mine is having after 110,000 miles, the 94 doesn't, changed the parts that SUCKED! little details were changed though, like buttons and all that..amenaties-can't spell....

speaking of which, is there any way i can get like a list of the progression of the es300 years, like, what changed for what year...i get the small outside changes but inside, what makes them different ;)