Sun Damage To Leather

acf

I live in the south where it gets really hot and sunny. My LS 400 has factory tinted windows and I don't have a garage to park it in so it sits in the sun all day. Would getting a darker tinting on the windows help with this problem or is the factory tint providing enough protection?

My 92 had been in underground parking for 11 years with the previous owner. The leather was in good shape, with little sun damage, but it was quite stiff and obviously had never been treated with anything. I have used Lexol three times in five months, and the leather is supple and soft. Amazing results. Great stuff.

lol

the woolite again

look in the deatiling section and there is a huge list of good things to do to leather including woolite and some off the wall stuff that relly works

if it is cracked there is no way to do anything now

the leather is more than dyed it has a coating on it so it is very haerd for the leather to absorb anything in older lexus

i agree you have to stay on top of your leather seats or you will pay the price of cracks later on.most drivers dont even bother doing anything to there seats because they think o its leather and its invinceable but there the ones that trade in there cars with nothing but cracks in the leather!treat it with lexol,cocobutter,or woolight or anything is better then nothing!

• 4 months later...

You may even be able to buy it at your local Toyota or Lexus dealer. I know that my local Lexus-Toyota parts dept. carries it. I am going to go down there next week and pick up a bottle. They also make "vinylex"- which is for the vinyl on the door panels and instrument panel.

I use mequires premium leather conditioner.... seems ok.

Got my 99 tinted this summer. Looks good but I was worried it wouldn't pass inspection in MO. Law allows up to 30% tint (I think for MO) - Which is a very dark tint. Mine are legal and really helps!! Especially that big back glass with nice tint on it keeps hot sun toned down.

It is hard to see inside the car which is also nice for our little family!