Premium Or Regular?

I recently retired my RX 300 after 200K and bought an RX 350. I know it reads premium fuel in the literature but if I useregular fuel, what sort of issues might I have? Pinging, engine damage? A friend has a new Corvette and runs regular fine and it is supposed to use premium. He said around town and normal driving hasn't caused any problems. I will put a lot of miles on the RX 350 each day driving all over the state of Georgia. (300+ Highway) It adds up paying the difference between premium and regular.

Thanks!

Ace...

I recently retired my RX 300 after 200K and bought an RX 350. I know it reads premium fuel in the literature but if I useregular fuel, what sort of issues might I have? Pinging, engine damage? A friend has a new Corvette and runs regular fine and it is supposed to use premium. He said around town and normal driving hasn't caused any problems. I will put a lot of miles on the RX 350 each day driving all over the state of Georgia. (300+ Highway) It adds up paying the difference between premium and regular.

Thanks!

Ace...

Use premium, If you can afford a rx then you can afford to use the recomended premium gasoline. Or you can always trade it in on a chevy and burn regular. :whistles:

Thats what I figured. Not an affordibilty issue and I don't want to damage anything. Trying to be frugal with the miles I put on it. I ran regular in the RX 300 and bought it new. I never paid attention but maybe I shold have run premium in it as well? I had 200K with no problems.

Thanks!

Ace...

• 2 weeks later...

Thats what I figured. Not an affordibilty issue and I don't want to damage anything. Trying to be frugal with the miles I put on it. I ran regular in the RX 300 and bought it new. I never paid attention but maybe I shold have run premium in it as well? I had 200K with no problems.

Thanks!

Ace...

Not sure on the 300 but on the 330 they say you can use regular but the 'preferred' gas is premium. I do notice a noticeable difference in engine performance when I use premium....

Closed

as this is an ongoing debate not engine specific as most Toyota's all use similar compression and timing . There is a huge debate in the general section , please feel free to add comments there as it is the same ideas over and over again.

thanks