Navigation And Phone Questions

RDE

2 Questions:

1. When talking on the hands-free phone, my music silences. The music doesn't silence or even decrease in volume, however, when the system is saying route guidance information. This sometimes makes the guidance hard to hear. In my Acura, the music volume decreases automatically when the system is speaking. Is this an option?

2. When using Voice-dialing, I find that I have to use several steps to dial a name tag - 'dial by name" (the lady talks and she has to finish in order to continue), "say the name" (the lady talks and has to finish), push the dial button. With the lady talking in between each of these steps, this becomes a longer process than if I just pulled over to a payphone (including the time of locating one!). Is there any shortcut for this?

Thanks,

Russ

2 Questions:

1. When talking on the hands-free phone, my music silences. The music doesn't silence or even decrease in volume, however, when the system is saying route guidance information. This sometimes makes the guidance hard to hear. In my Acura, the music volume decreases automatically when the system is speaking. Is this an option?

2. When using Voice-dialing, I find that I have to use several steps to dial a name tag - 'dial by name" (the lady talks and she has to finish in order to continue), "say the name" (the lady talks and has to finish), push the dial button. With the lady talking in between each of these steps, this becomes a longer process than if I just pulled over to a payphone (including the time of locating one!). Is there any shortcut for this?

Thanks,

Russ

1. It sounds to me like the voice guidance replaces the music in the front left speaker. I agree, it's hard to hear if the music is loud in the voice-tone, mid-ranges. Not a resolution, but a simple work-around is to simply press the "map" button, and the voice guidance will be repeated. (I usually turn the music down, prior to doing that.)

2. I remember seeing an optional setting in the Nav that I inferred would eliminate some of the mundane repetitive announcements. Might be called 'advanced mode', or 'expert mode' - something like that. I did not try it, because I was unfamiliar with the system at the time. That setting might help you out. If you find it, and try it, please post the results for our information. I don't use voice dialing, but might try it myself for the other times when Miss Nav decides she needs to state the perfectly obvious!

2 Questions:

Thanks,

Russ

1. It sounds to me like the voice guidance replaces the music in the front left speaker. I agree, it's hard to hear if the music is loud in the voice-tone, mid-ranges. Not a resolution, but a simple work-around is to simply press the "map" button, and the voice guidance will be repeated. (I usually turn the music down, prior to doing that.)

2. I remember seeing an optional setting in the Nav that I inferred would eliminate some of the mundane repetitive announcements. Might be called 'advanced mode', or 'expert mode' - something like that. I did not try it, because I was unfamiliar with the system at the time. That setting might help you out. If you find it, and try it, please post the results for our information. I don't use voice dialing, but might try it myself for the other times when Miss Nav decides she needs to state the perfectly obvious!

Thanks.

1. That's what I figured. Poor design - there should be an option to decrease music volume when given Nav Guidance.

2. I have looked extensively for an option to decrease or suppress the voice prompts, ''advanced mode,'' but have not found it. All I have found is one setting in the Options menu that suppresses the very initial ''Please say a command'' prompt when you first push the button.

• 2 weeks later...

2 Questions:

Thanks,

Russ

Russ,

I use voice dial by number and it works great, you say the number the voice repeats it to verify and dial it..

The navigation voice can be turned up so loud everyone in the car can hear it... The voice prompts can be turned off completely if you know all the steps and don't need them..

2 Questions:

Thanks,

Russ

Russ,

I use voice dial by number and it works great, you say the number the voice repeats it to verify and dial it..

The navigation voice can be turned up so loud everyone in the car can hear it... The voice prompts can be turned off completely if you know all the steps and don't need them..

How does one turn off the voice prompts COMPLETELY? I haven't found that setting. Only one that turns off the initial "please state the command" question.

Thanks,

Russ