What Is The Keyless Supposed To Do ?

pete1rayce

Mine does the same thing... just unlock and lock the doors, but the alarm is armed after locking. No horn chirp or beep of any kind, though.

There's a little volume knob near the bottom of the dashboard, near the steering column that controls the loudness of the beep when locking or unlocking the door. Most likely this control is at the lowest volume. Try turning it up, and let us know if that fixes it for you. ;)

Thanks for all the responses. I guess I am SOL.....but I do have another related question.

On this model, when you unlock my doors and do stuff like load stuff in the car, it locks itself back up after about 30 seconds.......Unless you put the keys in the ignition. Is there a way to turn this feature OFF ?

My wife accidently locked our baby in the car the other day..... :o

Thanks for all the responses. I guess I am SOL.....but I do have another related question.

On this model, when you unlock my doors and do stuff like load stuff in the car, it locks itself back up after about 30 seconds.......Unless you put the keys in the ignition. Is there a way to turn this feature OFF ?

If after you unlock the door you open and close a door it shouldn't relock itself.

• 3 months later...

No way I know to shut it off. I dislike that myself. If you put the key in the ignition, it won't lock. Tell your wife to keep her purse with the key outside it or leave the door open