"04 Ls430 Maint Schedule

jrbtn

I am coming up on 30K miles on my first Lexus and enjoy doing my own maintenance within reason. I follow the owners manual with the exception of some things like transmission service intervals. I recently downloaded the maintenance schedule from the Lexus site and it has some significant differences vs my owners manual. Do you more exper :wacko: ienced Lexus folks have any giudeance as to which to follow???

I am coming up on 30K miles on my first Lexus and enjoy doing my own maintenance within reason. I follow the owners manual with the exception of some things like transmission service intervals. I recently downloaded the maintenance schedule from the Lexus site and it has some significant differences vs my owners manual. Do you more exper :wacko: ienced Lexus folks have any giudeance as to which to follow???

Have you changed your own oil? I just got an 04 LS and removing all that stuff underneath looks like quie the chore. I am probably going to take it to the dealer this first time and bend over and take it like a man.

But 100+ for an oil change is high high high and I will probably decide to do it myself. Has anyone posted a pictorial of the procedure? I searched but can find nothing.

Have you changed your own oil? I just got an 04 LS and removing all that stuff underneath looks like quie the chore. I am probably going to take it to the dealer this first time and bend over and take it like a man.

But 100+ for an oil change is high high high and I will probably decide to do it myself. Has anyone posted a pictorial of the procedure? I searched but can find nothing.

Oil change is a snap as long as you have some ramps to get the front end high enough to swing a wrench. The drain plug is exposed and easy to find. The filter is behind a portion of the plastic sheild on the left side about even with the left front wheel. You will see a crease in the plastic that acts as a hinge when you remove 2 bolts. Swing the flap down and you will see the filter. Beats $100 by a long shot. My dealer charges $60 and I thought that was high!!