Ls 430 Levison Question

mannye

I just bought my 04 LS 430 and I was playing around with the radio controld and noticed that when I use the fader (NOT THE DSP CONTROLS) to move the sound all the way to the rear, the volume is MUCH lower than what is happening up front. Almost as if the phase was shifted or there was some sort of attenuation.

Is this some Levinson "sound design" thing? for those of you that have the 430 with Levisnson, does your stereo sound the same? I find that while the front part sounds oustanding, I can't help thinking how much better it would sound if the rear was going as strong as the front.

I had some passengers back there today and they were complaining they could not hear the music. Note: These were not youngsters back there and we were listening to jazz...

I just bought my 04 LS 430 and I was playing around with the radio controld and noticed that when I use the fader (NOT THE DSP CONTROLS) to move the sound all the way to the rear, the volume is MUCH lower than what is happening up front. Almost as if the phase was shifted or there was some sort of attenuation.

Is this some Levinson "sound design" thing? for those of you that have the 430 with Levisnson, does your stereo sound the same? I find that while the front part sounds oustanding, I can't help thinking how much better it would sound if the rear was going as strong as the front.

I had some passengers back there today and they were complaining they could not hear the music. Note: These were not youngsters back there and we were listening to jazz...

bumpity bump

I do know that true audiophile systems push the sound more to the front for a "soundstage", like you're at a concert. They don't usually put much emphasis on rear sound or surround sound because it's not true to a real-life listening situation, at least in music.

So, since I've never used a Levinson system, I can't say for sure. But I would think, since it's the best factory sound system on the market, that there would be more emphasis on sound "in front" of you.