Dealer Warranty Or Warrantydirect, Which Is Better?

peterpan

Hi, I want to buy extend warranty for my new 2007 ES 350, one of dealer offer me 7yr/75,000 mile for $1495 (Platinum Plan no deductible), mean while, WarrantyDirect gives me $ 1578 (LuxuryCare, Ultimate bumper to bumper no deductible), they said that also covers wear and tear parts and their plan covers more than dealer does, (BTW, under WarrantyDirect, your still can go to dealer your choose for service, WarrantyDirect pays to dealer), I'm not sure which one is better :whistles:

Any comments, please post.

Thank in advance.

• 5 months later...

I always wonder.. why would someone want to purchase an extended warranty at the beginning of your new car financing? You are getting 4/ 48k for FREE, but when you purchase your extended warranty up front, uyou are now paying fo rit the first 4 years you own your car. You can usually get into an extended warranty ard 40K miles and save some $$$. Correct me if I am wrong, I may be mis-interpretig the whole thing

Hi, I want to buy extend warranty for my new 2007 ES 350, one of dealer offer me 7yr/75,000 mile for $1495 (Platinum Plan no deductible), mean while, WarrantyDirect gives me $ 1578 (LuxuryCare, Ultimate bumper to bumper no deductible), they said that also covers wear and tear parts and their plan covers more than dealer does, (BTW, under WarrantyDirect, your still can go to dealer your choose for service, WarrantyDirect pays to dealer), I'm not sure which one is better :whistles:

Thank in advance.

• 1 month later...

A common misconception is that by waiting to purchase extended coverage, you will get coverage for a longer time. Much like life insurance costs rise as we age, the cost for a car warranty will rise as the vehicle ages and accrues mileage. You will be offered the longest terms and the lowest rates for newer vehicles with lower mileage.

We understand that you may have a warranty from the manufacturer. Our coverage is simply an extension of that, not double coverage. The manufacturer’s warranty has been factored into your price quote. The more factory warranty you have remaining, the lower the cost and greater the length of the warranty extension. In other words, you are paying for tomorrow’s coverage at today’s rates. In addition, our Roadside Assistance benefit, with $100 towing limits may prove to be invaluable during the Manufacturer’s Warranty period.

FACT: The newer your vehicle, the lower the rates for extended coverage.

Please click the link below to view a chart that illustrates this:

http://www.warrantydirect.com/when_to_buy_your_coverage.asp

Thank in advance.

I don't know which is better but I'm looking at options right now for my 2007 ES350. I'd like to know the lowest price anyone has paid for the Lexus Extended Warranty Platinum plan with either $50 or no deductible, 7 yr/75,000 mile. I did learn that the MSRP on the $50 dedutible plan was more than $1,700. It would also be great to know the name of the dealer offering a price around $1300, give or take a hundred dollars. Apparently it's OK to buy the plan from any Lexus dealer (not just from the place you purchased the car).

• 2 months later...
A common misconception is that by waiting to purchase extended coverage, you will get coverage for a longer time. Much like life insurance costs rise as we age, the cost for a car warranty will rise as the vehicle ages and accrues mileage. You will be offered the longest terms and the lowest rates for newer vehicles with lower mileage.

We understand that you may have a warranty from the manufacturer. Our coverage is simply an extension of that, not double coverage. The manufacturer’s warranty has been factored into your price quote. The more factory warranty you have remaining, the lower the cost and greater the length of the warranty extension. In other words, you are paying for tomorrow’s coverage at today’s rates. In addition, our Roadside Assistance benefit, with $100 towing limits may prove to be invaluable during the Manufacturer’s Warranty period.

Extended Warranty from Third Parties?????

Am I able to purchase an extended warranty (in California) from a source OTHER than the dealer? The Lexus Dealer quoted me an extended warranty 7 yr 100k miles for $2,995.00 for my 2006 GS300. This sounds pretty expensive to me and I would like to get other quotes. I heard that in California, laws do not allow me to get extended warranties through third parties. Is this accurate?

Extended Warranty from Third Parties?????

Am I able to purchase an extended warranty (in California) from a source OTHER than the dealer? The Lexus Dealer quoted me an extended warranty 7 yr 100k miles for $2,995.00 for my 2006 GS300. This sounds pretty expensive to me and I would like to get other quotes. I heard that in California, laws do not allow me to get extended warranties through third parties. Is this accurate?

At the bottom of the link, there is the suggested pricing for the Lexus Platinum Extended Warranty for 2007 GS350. For a 7 year/100,000 mile, 0$ deducctable its $2375

Lexus Extended Waranty

To re-iterate some of the points made here...

1. You can buy a Lexus Platinum Warranty from a Lexus dealer other than the one where you purchased your vehicle.

2. The prices are very negotiable. Do not take the first offer any more than you would take the first offer for the price of a car.

3. There are always better priced non-Lexus warranties available. Some work well and others may be problematical to collect on. (Note: I did learn an expensive lesson when a BMW vehicle with a non-BMW warranty was not supported as the warranty company went bankrupt and I was told to get in line for $ when facing a $1,200 repair. This same company is still offering 3rd party warranties under the same name, claiming the underwriter is who actually went bankrupt.)

4. It is better to get your extended warranty as early in the life of the vehicle as possible. The dealer showed me his pricing schedule which gets more expensive as you get closer to the 48 month factory period. Again, not sure how much trust you can put in those numbers. One thing that is worth thinking about is that the Platinum warranty from Lexus actually extends the umbrella of coverage to things not included in the factory warranty.

Remember on all of this YMMV (your mileage may vary) so do your research and make the decision that works for you!.

Steve

Nine times out of ten the warranty backed by the manufacturer far surpasses any third party warranty. While it may be a tad more dough up front you will not regret it.

I guess I am old school. I always say "Is the car that bad I need a warranty". Save your money and buy neither.

Thank in advance.

I don't know which is better but I'm looking at options right now for my 2007 ES350. I'd like to know the lowest price anyone has paid for the Lexus Extended Warranty Platinum plan with either $50 or no deductible, 7 yr/75,000 mile. I did learn that the MSRP on the $50 dedutible plan was more than $1,700. It would also be great to know the name of the dealer offering a price around $1300, give or take a hundred dollars. Apparently it's OK to buy the plan from any Lexus dealer (not just from the place you purchased the car).

www.webargain4u.com (888) 759-8823 has the Lexus Extra Care 7yr/75,000 plan zero deductable, for $1399 and the 7yr/100,000 mile platinum plan zero deductable for $1753 out the door for a new ES350. This is a company that negotiates better pricing at dealers throughout the country for all lexus models with remaining factory warranty. They also offer free quotes!

At the bottom of the link, there is the suggested pricing for the Lexus Platinum Extended Warranty for 2007 GS350. For a 7 year/100,000 mile, 0$ deducctable its $2375

Lexus Extended Waranty

I was told by www.webargain4u.com that many dealers set their own prices on these warranties, and the "suggested" MSRP is just that, "suggested." They quoted me $2050 out the door for the 7yr/100,000 on a friends GS from their lexus dealer network.

Thank in advance.

we've used WD on our last two vehicles and had nothing but positive experiences...recommend you go with them (& I'm not a WD employee!)

• 2 months later...

The proof is in the pudding with any warranty.

Read the fine print over with someone technical and see who has more exclusions to know who is going to back up a claim and who is going to find an excuse of what is not covered.

• 6 months later...
The proof is in the pudding with any warranty.

Read the fine print over with someone technical and see who has more exclusions to know who is going to back up a claim and who is going to find an excuse of what is not covered.

You might also check webargain4U.com. They work with several Lexus dealers and have excellent prices. 6/100 platinum with zero deductible on an RX330 ran $1525.40. They also have connections for VW, Audi, Acura, and Toyota factory warranties :D