Auto- Balance Headlight Light On

HunterXRen

so recently i just purchased a 04 IS300. The auto balance light has been turning on and off. In fact when the auto balance light is off the lights go crazy. They move up and down in quick intervals without stopping. But when the auto headlight light is on the lights stop moving up and down in a fast pace. I do not konw what the problem is. Have any of you experiecne this problem before? I am going to bring it to the lexus dealer soon to get it checked up on, but i would liek to konw before hand what the problem woudl be. alright thankss.

You must mean "auto-level". That's the feature that checks the attitude of the car, front to rear level when you first turn the headlights on. There is a level sensor in the rear just in front of the rear axle. This has an arm that can get out of adjustment or sometimes the sensor itself can go bad.

Also there is a headlight ECU inside the car in the driver's side kick panel. Then there is a computer under each headlight. Sometimes water can get into the headlight housing and cause corrosion leading to bad connections in that area.

My best guess would be that the rear height/level sensor is going flakey, as that seems to be the problem that happens most often.

Some of the details of the system are here:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...headlight+level

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...headlight+level