Max Rim Size For Gs400 W/out Sacrificing Performance Or Handling

I will soon be purchasing a gs400 (1998-2000) for myself and would like to know what size rims and tires to go with. I know 20's look great but I will be driving this car a lot and don't want to worry about about damaging the rims or the car not handling or performing as well as it does stock. Can someone please provide input on what size rims and tires I should buy to get the lowest profile look and not sacrifice performance or handling.

I can't wait to get my new whip! :)

Thanks!

-Joel

I will soon be purchasing a gs400 (1998-2000) for myself and would like to know what size rims and tires to go with. I know 20's look great but I will be driving this car a lot and don't want to worry about about damaging the rims or the car not handling or performing as well as it does stock. Can someone please provide input on what size rims and tires I should buy to get the lowest profile look and not sacrifice performance or handling.

Thanks!

-Joel

My personal opinion is 18's. ;)

Welcome to the club :cheers:

post-24131-1165982062_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

-Joel

Well i can tell you from personal experience....I've put rims on 4 of 5 lexus's i've owned. All of them were my everyday drivers. it's true if you want a ride and drive that's close to factory than 18's are the way to go however i put 20's on my last car which was also a 98' GS and other than a little more road noise they rode as well as 18's. Not to mention (in my opinion) had alot more curb appeal! With good tires that are balanced properly you should be more than happy going bigger! You only live once:)