Drivers Window Doesn't Move, Motor Does

calbsc400

Driving home today I was rolling the window down and heard a snap and now the window doesn't work. I can hear the motor running but it isn't doing what it should.

I pulled the door panel and took some pictures. Hopefully you board users can tell me what I'm looking at.

This first picture shows what I think is the problem. The plastic cracked and I found a few additional pieces in the door.

If the photo shows, I'll add some more.

These are the pieces I found.

Here are some pictures of a connector that was just hanging there. Anyone know where it's supposed to be attached?

I don't know why all of these are going into the same post. Hopefully it's not confusing. I've been trying to add these photos with seperate comments. Oh well, a learning curve.

Bottom Line: Is this a DIY job or should it go to a professional. (Note: I did not say dealer)

post-29217-1165892645_thumb.jpg

post-29217-1165892726_thumb.jpg

post-29217-1165892835_thumb.jpg

post-29217-1165893101_thumb.jpg

I believe that little white piece of plastic is part of the regulator. I would try www.newlexusparts.com I have purchased many parts from them and they are great to deal with. Very good prices also compared to most other dealers. They are a dealer in Texas. Unless you buy a used regulator from somewhere else.

• 5 months later...
I believe that little white piece of plastic is part of the regulator. I would try www.newlexusparts.com I have purchased many parts from them and they are great to deal with. Very good prices also compared to most other dealers. They are a dealer in Texas. Unless you buy a used regulator from somewhere else.

Hello,

I have the same problem with my sc 300. I have a bad window regulator that I just purchased. I was wondering if you could sorta walk me though removing the door panel. I'm having difficulty removing it to get to the actual regulator. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you so much!

metramm

Sorry i don't hav ea specific answer, but if you say the motor moves and goes up and down, and the window doesn't move, then that means the window isn't attached to the regulator/motor assmebly. I'd assume it's held to the tracks by a couple bolts, hard to tell from your pics though. Can you push and pull the window up and down freely?

Sorry i don't hav ea specific answer, but if you say the motor moves and goes up and down, and the window doesn't move, then that means the window isn't attached to the regulator/motor assmebly. I'd assume it's held to the tracks by a couple bolts, hard to tell from your pics though. Can you push and pull the window up and down freely?

Yes when I drive around for a while the window kinda slips down a little into the window. Maybe like an inch or so. Just enough to let rain in if I don't catch it right away!! So everytime I get out of my car I have to go to the passenger side and pull the window back up so it makes a good seal in the door. I found a shop that I'm going to have do it most likey. I'm having them change the timing belt and water pump for me so I think I'm just going to have him change it for me. Thank you so much for your help on this issue.

Metramm

• 3 months later...

I just had the same issue.. a snap and the window fell in. Opened up the door panel. Just like the 4th pic.. i need to change that assembly - I think! i felt the cable going up and down.. but the white plastic piece that attaches with the cable, and goes up and down when the cable goes up and down - broke. So is that the piece which is the "Regulator". Is it just the white plastic piece on the 4th pic which is holding the bar (inside that bar the cable is hiding). Can I replace just that plastic piece? Please shed a little more light... first of all is that plastic piece is the regulator? When i go to the dealer.. what do I ask for, if i need just that white plastic piece.. :)

Thanks in advance.

I just had the same issue.. a snap and the window fell in. Opened up the door panel. Just like the 4th pic.. i need to change that assembly - I think! i felt the cable going up and down.. but the white plastic piece that attaches with the cable, and goes up and down when the cable goes up and down - broke. So is that the piece which is the "Regulator". Is it just the white plastic piece on the 4th pic which is holding the bar (inside that bar the cable is hiding). Can I replace just that plastic piece? Please shed a little more light... first of all is that plastic piece is the regulator? When i go to the dealer.. what do I ask for, if i need just that white plastic piece.. :)

Thanks in advance.

The plastic piece is part of the regulator and can't be replaced separately because the cable is swedged into the plastic piece. The regulator was about $140 retail at the lexus dealer. Ask for a discount because I got mine for about $120 plus tax. It will take a good two hours to remove and replace the part. You will have to remove the window motor to change out the regulator.

thanks! I just called the dealer and they said i have to come in and pre-pay and order.

in the mean time i'll will try to figure out how to take the motor off... i only know how to change oil, and could take the door panel off... but not sure if i can do this...

thanks for the reply.

If I am not mistaken, the white plastic piece is call the glider. And yes once it's broken you'll have to replace the whole entire window regulator. It's easy to replace if you know what you are doing. You may have to lower the window a little so you can remove the glass attachment. Typically there are access hole in the inner panels. Good luck

• 1 month later...

HI,

I'VE GOT A SIMILAR PROBLEM AND CAN PROBABLY FIX IF I CAN GET THE PANEL OFF.DOES ANYONE HAVE STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO REMOVE THE PANEL I GOT ALL THE SCREWS OFF 3 ON THE BOTTOM OF PANEL 2 UNDER THE ARMREST AND 2 MORE IN FRONT NEAR THE HINGE. TOOK OFF ALL SCREWS AND IT STILL IS BEING HELD IN PLACE BY THE LATCH AND DOOR LOCK. DOE'S THAT LATCH HAVE ANY OTHER SCREWS. I ALSO GOT THE POWER DOOR AND WINDOW LOCK CONNECTORS OFF.WHAT AM I MISSING IS THERE ANY TRICKS OR SUGGESTIONS ON GETTING THE PANEL OFF

SC400 1993 ITS MY PASSENGER DOOR MOTOR WORKS BUT WINDOW NOT COMING UP HEAR A RUMBLING SOUND

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

JIMMY'S LEX IN CHICAGO