Blue Stains Of Leather Seats From Jeans

Had posted this before but found something that removed it 100%.

I know some of the detail gurus will not approve :o but the orange wipes from Armor All that comes in the plastic tube remove the blue tinge instantly. I do condition and soap afterwards with Lexol but I have looked for several years for anything that would remove the blue jean stain from the edge of my leather seats.

Ehhhh...I really wouldn't use these. The cleanser is really acidic, and with repeated usage I really think it will damage the leather to a degree that it will be a lot uglier than the blue jean stain.

I'd use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser before I'd use this IMHO.

Ehhhh...I really wouldn't use these. The cleanser is really acidic, and with repeated usage I really think it will damage the leather to a degree that it will be a lot uglier than the blue jean stain.

I'd use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser before I'd use this IMHO.

I did not think you would approve per my original message. I have tried everything and this worked very well. I can not see it doing alot of harm to the seats if the Lexol cleaner followed by the conditioner were used after the orange wipe.

Did you say Ehhhhh?

Take SW's advice ;)

A few months ago i accidently used a fabric softener (thought it was woolite LOL) and ruined the tan leather in our rx300.

Thank god my dealer agreed to replace the bottoms (good will) for me. They said to have them replaced is in the thousands!

Just make sure the leather is somewhat dry after you condition it, before you sit in them. I've been using the Lexol conditioner too since i've got this new leather & do find that jeans can leave blue stains on the leather. I just clean it after a week or so w. a damp rag of the Lexol.

I would try some other leather cleaners, leatherique perhaps.

This removed a spilled bottle of blue dye (the type you wash clothes in to re-colour)

Alternative products- Heavy ink stains can be removed with Leather Masters - Leather Ink Killer

This is a very strong cleaner, which could remove the leather dye, therefore use with extreme caution. http://www.topoftheline.com/leather-repair-products.html

I would try some other leather cleaners, leatherique perhaps.

This removed a spilled bottle of blue dye (the type you wash clothes in to re-colour)

Alternative products- Heavy ink stains can be removed with Leather Masters - Leather Ink Killer

This is a very strong cleaner, which could remove the leather dye, therefore use with extreme caution. http://www.topoftheline.com/leather-repair-products.html

If Woolite 6:1, and Mr. Clean Eraser won't remove the 'jean-transfer', next up before going into specialized cleaners for me would to try some steam cleaning.

I have a steam cleaner, and I realize that many don't, so the above links to Top of the Line, and Leatherique kits may also work.

Being a 'jean-transfer', chances are that it will re-occur, and therefore, I too wouldn't use an acidic cleaner. (It's ought to happen again). Try protecting it, and prevent/minimize the chances of this happening again!

Good luck!

--Gabe