Nakamichi Stereo

downsouth

today while i was driving home from work, i drove over a small bump in the road and my speakers started sounding like tweeters, i would adjust the knob button and then they would play normal (to me). then i started to adjust the balance of the speakers, the front did not play. i probably need to invest in new speakers and amp ( by the way, i drive a 95 sc400). i had saw a forum topic about how to clean the volume knob, anybody knows how help me. what i really want to do is invest in new speakers. to start with, i want to clean my volume knob. help me please. i love my music. also i need help in realigning my cd changer's reader b/c it skips like crazy. thanks ;)

is my amp going bad

i have all 4 speakers, amp, and head unit off a 96 sc400

they are compatible, are you interested?

i live in GA as well, northwest of Atlanta in Marietta, we could possibly arrange a pickup if you want

email = SkidsiXX22@aim.com

i don't check back here too much so i prefer emails

ill hook u up with my cell # if you can do it

i have all 4 speakers, amp, and head unit off a 96 sc400

they are compatible, are you interested?

i live in GA as well, northwest of Atlanta in Marietta, we could possibly arrange a pickup if you want

email = SkidsiXX22@aim.com

i don't check back here too much so i prefer emails

ill hook u up with my cell # if you can do it

unfortunately, i just ordered new speakers and amp TODAY. thanks alot Georgian!

Sounds to me like you may have a short in the amp. You may not need new speakers. The short may even be in the wiring going to the amp. Hard to say. Cleaning the volume knob will not help. It only sends a signal to a chip inside the radio that actually controls the volume. The knob itself has only one channel (mono) and can't handle a stereo signal. I don't believe that cleaning it would have an effect on the mids. It may help if your volume is adjusting erratically, though. I don't have the wiring diagram for the nak, but on the pioneer system, each mid and tweeter is driven from the same channel out of the amp (there is only 1 front right output, not fr tweeter and fr mid). This tells me that your amp should be working. I'd start looking with the head unit if I were you. It may be the equalizers built into the radio. I'd spray the crap out of the eq knobs with some contact cleaner while adjusting them up and down. It does sound like an open circuit somewhere to me. That's my 2 cents.

• 5 months later...
yup just get a new amp. my amp died on me last week. I bought an Alpine v12 4 channel amp, wired it using the stock wiring and bridged the subwoofer work great and sounds good.

do you know what the specs are of amp? watts and channel?

• 3 weeks later...
yup just get a new amp. my amp died on me last week. I bought an Alpine v12 4 channel amp, wired it using the stock wiring and bridged the subwoofer work great and sounds good.

i am having someone install the amp for me, but just wanted to clarify, your 4 channel amp was enough the front speakers, the back 2 and the subwoofer? and all yo had to do was the bridge the subwoofer - was that hard? something standard to do

thanks for the help