Drivers Seat Position

I find it very difficult to get into my wife's 2007 IS250. She uses seat position 1 and I use position 2. But to move the seat, you need to first put your foot on the brake and then start the car. Does anyone know if there is an override or setting that will move the front drivers seat back every time the car is turned off?

You can program one of the keys to your seat setting and the second key to your wife's seat setting.....when you carry the key with your setting, as you walk up to the door to unlock the door, the car will adjust the seating position as you unlock the door.

Refer to Page 29 on the Owner's manual.

Good Luck.

You can program one of the keys to your seat setting and the second key to your wife's seat setting.....when you carry the key with your setting, as you walk up to the door to unlock the door, the car will adjust the seating position as you unlock the door.

Good Luck.

Ohh...i forgot to mention, i am refering to my 2006 Manual which is on page 29......since you have the 2007, maybe the manual pages are different......it should be under the following headings:

- "Adjustable components"

- "Linking drivihg poistion memory with door unlock operation"

I hope this will help you find it.

Good Luck.

Good Luck.

Ohh...i forgot to mention, i am refering to my 2006 Manual which is on page 29......since you have the 2007, maybe the manual pages are different......it should be under the following headings:

- "Adjustable components"

- "Linking drivihg poistion memory with door unlock operation"

I hope this will help you find it.

I have the 07 model but it doesnt have memory seating. Can I still program the memory seating with the key fobs?

I have the 07 model but it doesnt have memory seating. Can I still program the memory seating with the key fobs?

Nope...

If the car doesn't have the Memory Seat option, you cannot program the fobs... as they link to the Memory settings.

• 3 weeks later...

I find it very difficult to get into my wife's 2007 IS250. She uses seat position 1 and I use position 2. But to move the seat, you need to first put your foot on the brake and then start the car. Does anyone know if there is an override or setting that will move the front drivers seat back every time the car is turned off?

If your car has the three buttons on the door you have seat memory, once you program the key fob you have to lock the car for the memory to position you seat for you.. unlocked it doesn't work..

I have to do it everytime I go to Lexus, all their employees are short and they never lock my car when they bring it out, I simply push my lock button on my fob and when I touch the door handle the sets and mirrors adjust for me..

George

And that is one thing that I REALLY miss on my IS250. memory seating. I had it on my SC300, and didn't realize how much of a pleasure it was. Swingaway wheel, and auto setting of seat and mirrors. Now I am electric but still manual. Boy how we get used to the simple pleasures of life.

larry