The Light Beside Abs Is Continously Lighting (the Oil Orange Sign)

imfauxreal

It could be that the sender is bad. Try buying a new sender at a parts store and install it. It may or may not fix the problem. Other things: dirty oil filter, oil return passages may be dirty, worn out engine, low oil levels, weak oil pump, cam bearings that drive the oil pump could be bad, and I'm sure there could be others as well. This is an indication that your engine may not be lubricating correctly. If you have a mechanical guage handy, screw it into the oil pressure sender (I believe that these are just switches and if the switch goes out, it will send a no oil pressure signal). I've heard this can be pretty common on most cars and should be your first step to diagnosing your low oil pressure levels.

brocken wire? or connector? but i second checking oil pressure.

[/quote

Ive noticed that there are also oil sign also on the lower right side of the instrument panel

and its color red, the one besides the ABS light is orange? the drawings are identical

but they say the orange is for the coolant level

is it??

imfauxreal, Try disconnection the battery (wait about 30 seconds and connect), this resets all of the computers settings. It may clear that light.

Ive tried to fill it up already and its in the right level of oil.

I tried to remove the battery and didnt do anything

Is there a sensor on this??

If there is, where is it located??

Let me know and thanks for the reply

Oh. I didn't realize that these cars had an oil level sensor, and I always thought that was the oil pressure light. Most cars don't have one of these. It would have to be in the oil pan if there is such a thing. I'm not sure, though. If you are positive that you have oil in there up to the appropriate levels on the dip stick and the oil pressure light isn't engaging, then I would say you have no problems. I don't know what kind of sensor this is or how it works (whether its a switch or a potentiometer, must be a switch of some kind), but I would say it probably has some crud in it or on its contacts. I wish I knew where to tell you to look for this. I would start like I said around the oil pan. I'll ask a mechanic tomorrow. I know one who owned one of these cars and is familiar with them.

Oh. I didn't realize that these cars had an oil level sensor, and I always thought that was the oil pressure light. Most cars don't have one of these. It would have to be in the oil pan if there is such a thing. I'm not sure, though. If you are positive that you have oil in there up to the appropriate levels on the dip stick and the oil pressure light isn't engaging, then I would say you have no problems. I don't know what kind of sensor this is or how it works (whether its a switch or a potentiometer, must be a switch of some kind), but I would say it probably has some crud in it or on its contacts. I wish I knew where to tell you to look for this. I would start like I said around the oil pan. I'll ask a mechanic tomorrow. I know one who owned one of these cars and is familiar with them.

Thanks Micah!! :) Keep me posted

What I did temporarily was, I just removed the Bulb on this warning....

• 2 weeks later...

imfauxreal, came across this when I was doing a search, it may correct the problem you are having with the oil light?

"Try this technique, it is widely used in many makes of vehicles to reset the maintenance reminder light.

1. Get in the car and put the key in the ignition.

2. Make sure you odometer is in the overall display (not trip A or trip B ).

3. Preset the reset button and hold it in.

4. While holding the button in, turn the key to ON (not START!).

5. Hold the button in for 5 to 10 seconds with the key in the ON position. The Maintenance light may flash or may not.

6. Turn the key to OFF.

7. Let go of the button.

Now start the car normally and see if the light went out."

Quote provided by:steviej

imfauxreal, came across this when I was doing a search, it may correct the problem you are having with the oil light?

"Try this technique, it is widely used in many makes of vehicles to reset the maintenance reminder light.

1. Get in the car and put the key in the ignition.

2. Make sure you odometer is in the overall display (not trip A or trip B ).

3. Preset the reset button and hold it in.

4. While holding the button in, turn the key to ON (not START!).

5. Hold the button in for 5 to 10 seconds with the key in the ON position. The Maintenance light may flash or may not.

6. Turn the key to OFF.

7. Let go of the button.

Now start the car normally and see if the light went out."

Quote provided by:steviej

WOW!! thanks!! ill try to do that :D