Just Got My 2007 Is250 6spd

I just got my new 2007 IS250 6spd. blk/blk 18's

I like everything about it, but I can't get the hang of the clutch.

I used to drive a 03 Hyundai tiburon GT 6spd and they are totally different.

well I guess I will get used to it.

anyways, hey guysI got a new car! lol

Congratulations!!! Got any pics?

Not liking the clutch huh? Might just take some time...I'm sure you'll get used to it.

Any other impressions?

Wife has the IS250AWD. While it has six speeds, they shift automatically ;) I do prefer a stick, but with the paddle shifters and all...and the smoothness of the auto in the IS, I can't complain.

Also just got a new one this week (2007 IS 250 6 M/T pictured at left). I have been a loyal BMW owner, but I hate the new bimmers, and I could not find any car even close to the looks, value and features of the IS. I love it. My only minor "gripes" are that the power/torque/handling are a touch below BMW (I wish the IS350 would come in Manual... don't know what they are thinking!), and I do agree with you that the clutch takes some getting used to. I guess in my case that is to be expected after so many years of driving German cars. My first challenge is to see if there is an aftermarket performance chip available for this car that will give real HP/performance increase without !Removed! up the electronics. If I could get just a little more pickup out of it this car would be 110% perfect. All in all very happy with the purchase after 2 days :-)

Congrats Roadwired and TPizzle!

Roadwired-is that black? OEM rims? looks nice.

I've had my 350 for about 4 weeks now, and each week that goes by I like the car more and more.

It also doesn't hurt to have all visitors to my car drool every time they get in.

Congrats Roadwired and TPizzle!

Roadwired-is that black? OEM rims? looks nice.

I've had my 350 for about 4 weeks now, and each week that goes by I like the car more and more.

It also doesn't hurt to have all visitors to my car drool every time they get in.

Thanks much. Yes, its Obsidian Black, with the XE (18" 5-spoke) OEM option, aliminum doorsills and pedals, and a few other things. It is a joy just to open the door ;-)

The one thing that I noticed with the clutch is more to do with the throttle. There is a delay in the release of the throttle, so that there is a bit of a rise in the engine speed even though you push in the clutch and take your foot off the throttle.

The issue, from Lexus' point of view is that the throttle is electronic, not mechanical, so they have programmed it to release slowly, to make quick shifting easier, less of a match needed between throttle and clutch when you come on to the next gear.

Interesting thought, but I would have preferred that they trusted my ability to modulate the clutch and throttle.

larry

• 4 weeks later...

I just got my new 2007 IS250 6spd. blk/blk 18's

I like everything about it, but I can't get the hang of the clutch.

I used to drive a 03 Hyundai tiburon GT 6spd and they are totally different.

well I guess I will get used to it.

anyways, hey guysI got a new car! lol

you'll get used to it soon enough

• 2 weeks later...

Ever drive a Subaru stick? My 03 took lots of getting used to. I taught my son to drive a stick in that car...and EVERY other car was a piece of cake. Some just take more getting used to than others.

How is it now?

Hi guys, I just got my 2007 IS250 yesterday, with premium, x-pkg and nav.

I was orginally debating between lexus and audi a4. simpy because with a performance chip, you can increase the torque on audi by over 50. but at the last minute I decided to purchase instead of lease, so I went with lexus due to their reliability. I am very happy with the car, except for the power. I wish it had more of low end torque... I don't care about going fast really, just want to feel that strong torque off the line.

Anyone here know where I might be able to get a turbo kit for this model? or even a chip?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Ya'll,

I've had my IS250 for almost a year now,

"Clutch by Wire" definitely takes a little getting used to...

for those of you looking for extra power do a search on the forum for traction control disable ,

I swear I have more power while driving after I do the "Nintendo Fix" espicially since the traction control will let me drift the car just like a 350z...

up, down, up, down, left, right, A, B, B, A, Start.....

Actually it is Start with Parking brake on, Parking Brake off, on, off, foot brake on, off, on, off, Hand brake off, on, off,

by now you have confussed the computer so badly that it thinks something is wrong and shuts down and lights up the traction control light on the dash and your own your on now...

no big brother to think for you, watch out though, a friend thought this was so cool that he uttered the famous last words of us southern boys

:D "Hey Ya'll Watch Thisss!!!!

and prompted spun the car into the guard rail - $7000.00 damage...Good Driving B)