Woohoo! Finally! Got It!

mannye

I just drove home a 2004 LS 430 Sport Package I picked up at the local Mercedes Dealer for 35K! It has navigation, rear view camera, Levinson, ventilated seats, and a bunch of other cool options that make it an "Almost Ultra" except for the cooler and rear electric seats! 35K on the odo also so another 18 or 20 months of full warranty!

Now I have a few questions.

Can I change the oil myself?

What kind of oil does it take?

They put 4 brand new tires on it, which actually made me nervous, but Carfax was clean for it never having been hit. Local car... all serviced at the local Lexus dealer..

Levinso system sounds very nice... needs some bass though if I'm going to go getto once in a while... I probably won't do anything about it though...

Is there a general checklist of things I should have the dealer look at while I am still under warranty besides the airbag? HOw about popular quick mods I can do?

I just drove home a 2004 LS 430 Sport Package I picked up at the local Mercedes Dealer for 35K! It has navigation, rear view camera, Levinson, ventilated seats, and a bunch of other cool options that make it an "Almost Ultra" except for the cooler and rear electric seats! 35K on the odo also so another 18 or 20 months of full warranty!
Congrats!!! :cheers: What color is it?
Can I change the oil myself?
Yeah, as with any car, be sure to keep records.
What kind of oil does it take?
Probably 5w-30, but check your owner's manual to be sure.
They put 4 brand new tires on it, which actually made me nervous, but Carfax was clean for it never having been hit. Local car... all serviced at the local Lexus dealer..
Just curious, why do the new tires make you nervous? Factory tires usually don't last very long.

And a lot of car dealerships replace the tires if they're more than 50% worn on their higher dollar pre-owned inventory.

New tires make me nervous because around these parts they are often an indicator of a bad wreck being pawned off as a cream puff. But it wasn't a problem.

It's silver, which was the color I wanted because it almost never looks dirty. The downside is it isn't as apparent when washed and waxed, but that's OK. By that I mean that a black or dark blue car looks amazing right after a nice wash and wax compared to when it was dirty, and a silver car, well, not so much of a difference. But that should save me hundreds in cleaning bills because I can stretch out the intervals.

About the stereo... very impressive when playing "good music" like Buena Vista Social Club or any othe audiophile favorite. NOt so impressive when switching to Metallica, 50cent, or anything else poppy. I can't speak to the tuner because FM radio in South Florida sucks !Removed!. Maybe if I find myself in the northeast one day I'll see if the tuner is good or not. I have not tried Led Zep or Steely Dan yet, but something tells me it's going to like Steely Dan better than the lead balloon.

After about 70 miles I am VERY happy. This one's going to be around for a while.

Is there any way to retro-fit the laser part of the cruise control? It's the one option I really wish was there.