Successful Navigation Motion Lock-out Override!

MotionMan

I have been able to successfully use the Navigation Motion Lock-Out Override in my 2003 LS430. I had to try a few differnt methods, but I am now able to do it almost 100% of the time, whether I (or my passenger) attempt the override while the car is moving or not. Here is the sequence I used:

1. Press [iNFO] Button;

2. Press "Language" (this should bring you to the main screen..."English..French..I Agree";

3. Press Upper Left Corner;

4. Press Lower Left Corner;

5. Press Upper Left Corner;

6. Press Lower Left Corner;

7. Press Lower Right Corner;

8. Press and *HOLD* (for 5 to 10 seconds) the "Override" button until it beeps and changes color;

9. Press [iNFO] Button;

10. Press "Language";

11. Press "I Agree".

That does it.

Again, your passenger can do this override while the car is moving, too!

Of course, you have to repeat this each time you turn the car off and on again, with one caveat: When the "English..French..I Agree" screen comes up when you turn on the car, you can start at step 3 above.

MotionMan

Interesting, I know that works on the 04+, but didn't know about the 03...

I'll have to try it out on mine.

I was affraid it would not work on my car, too. I was pleased to find the "Info, Language" hack since the "Volume" hack does not seem to work in my car.

MotionMan

:cries: I tried this with my wife's "new to us" '04 LS430, but couldn't follow the directions, as there is no [iNFO] key (that I can find)on the system. Can you guide me?

Thanks.

Rich

I have been able to successfully use the Navigation Motion Lock-Out Override in my 2003 LS430. I had to try a few differnt methods, but I am now able to do it almost 100% of the time, whether I (or my passenger) attempt the override while the car is moving or not. Here is the sequence I used:

1. Press [iNFO] Button;

2. Press "Language" (this should bring you to the main screen..."English..French..I Agree";

8. Press and *HOLD* (for 5 to 10 seconds) the "Override" button until it beeps and changes color;

9. Press [iNFO] Button;

10. Press "Language";

11. Press "I Agree".

That does it.

Of course, you have to repeat this each time you turn the car off and on again, with one caveat: When the "English..French..I Agree" screen comes up when you turn on the car, you can start at step 3 above.

MotionMan

:cries: :cries:

:cries: I tried this with my wife's "new to us" '04 LS430, but couldn't follow the directions, as there is no [iNFO] key (that I can find)on the system. Can you guide me?

Thanks.

Rich

1. Press [iNFO] Button;

9. Press [iNFO] Button;

10. Press "Language";

11. Press "I Agree".

That does it.

MotionMan

:cries: :cries:

Oops. I got it a little wrong. First you hit the [Option] button, then [information] (aka [info]).

MotionMan