Power Seat Jammed

I have a '95 SC 400 and the passenger seat is jammed on one of the tracks. Has anyone else encountered this problem? As one side still functions it essentially pivots instead of back and forth movement.

My tech suggested replacing the entire track for around $250.

Any thoughts appreciated...

I had the same problem on both seats when I purchased my SC ('93). I took the seats out and found out a "cap" came off where the torque from the motors "drive shaft" transefers to the lead screw inside the track. This let the gear come out and not transefer the power. The problem I encountered was that the thread size and pitch is EXTREAMLY rare. It's M16x1.00 . No one makes this size die or bolt or anything else (at least that I could find). So I went up and got a M16 oil drain pulg from a local place and "made it fit". You need to drill it out also.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, much like my seat my schedule is jammed. I had my tech. take a look at it. He removed the seat and stated that I needed a regulator he thought. It is a shame I did not see it as I am confused on what to order. Does this seem right to anyone? I visited 'Lexus of Pembroke' online and they do not offer a regulator. The 'drilling down' of the website ultimately leads to a new seat quote at $1,300. There simply must be a cheaper solution. I am not in a position to dive into this myself and need to order a part for my tech to install. Any help is appreciated.

• 3 months later...

I had the same problem on both seats when I purchased my SC ('93). I took the seats out and found out a "cap" came off where the torque from the motors "drive shaft" transefers to the lead screw inside the track. This let the gear come out and not transefer the power. The problem I encountered was that the thread size and pitch is EXTREAMLY rare. It's M16x1.00 . No one makes this size die or bolt or anything else (at least that I could find). So I went up and got a M16 oil drain pulg from a local place and "made it fit". You need to drill it out also.

Did you have to remove the seat to accomplish this? I can see, with a flash light and mirror, that only one of the worm gears is turning, but it difficult to get a true picture of whats going on, when my wiew is upside down, and backwards.

Could you provide a bit more detail; first off where are the front seat mount bolts, and once you get it out, would you elaborate more on your repair. thanks