Cleaning Assessory

When cleaning my car, I always have road/dirt film that's extremely hard to get off. What's good to use to take road/dirt film off of the bottom of your car, that won't scratch your paint? Is there a good cleaner to tackle such a chore?

try a good bug and tar remover if its that hard to come off.also it would probably be better to post this in the detailing forum so you can get more responses.try pepboys or walmart.they both sell it.only thing you will have to wax after because it takes off any wax on the car but works very well.

I like to get that road crap off before giving the car a real bath too. No sense in getting those dirt particles into the ol' wash bucket.

I've found the aerosol Spray type of Bug & Tar Remover is nice to use because you can spray it on and it won't run.

It's good to let it sit for a bit as well. After that, you can use a hose and old rag to wipe the nasty stuff off.

I've had really good luck with TurtleWax brand Bug&Tar remover.

BTW, for grease, Castrol sells something called SuperClean. It's purple in color. I buy it in a gallon because it's pretty concentrated, and then mix it around 5-1 or 10-1 with water in a spray bottle. Great degreaser! (rims too)