Setting Auto Unlocking

I tried to set the auto unlocking as per the manual and it did nothing, I also tried the auto locking and it did nothing. Was wondering if this can be affected if the original owner did the lexus custom programming? I know he did do it and the doors auto lock but not auto unlock and they need to auto unlock. Do I have to return to the dealer or does anyone have any tricks or steps that I can try. I followed the manual and no luck.

I tried to set the auto unlocking as per the manual and it did nothing, I also tried the auto locking and it did nothing. Was wondering if this can be affected if the original owner did the lexus custom programming? I know he did do it and the doors auto lock but not auto unlock and they need to auto unlock. Do I have to return to the dealer or does anyone have any tricks or steps that I can try. I followed the manual and no luck.

Before I try to solve this for you I'd like to know what the current settings are? That is, how and/or when do the doors lock? Next, I'd be remiss if I failed to ask... why do you wish to automatically unlock any of the doors? Maybe I'm just too security conscious but I do not have any of my doors automatically unlock. I would be concerned with being stopped by a nefarious type and would want my door locks under my control regardless of gearshift lever position!

Having said that, let me know how it currently operates and how (both lock and unlock) you want it to work and I will attempt to set mine up the way yours are and then the way you want them to work.

The C-best settings seem difficult to set for many people (dealership personnel included)! I posted a reply sometime ago about how I managed to set mine (and demonstrated/taught my sales rep how!) I don't mind attempting but would like to start from the same position you are in which includes the 'locking' settings!

Right now the doors auto lock when it is taken out of park, They never unlock at all. I want to set them to the setting where it unlocks after you open the drivers door or take the key out of the ignition. My wife likes them to autounlock, especially when she is trying to use the powerdoor and can't use it because the doors are locked. I did the way it says in the manual and it won't work.

Before I try to solve this for you I'd like to know what the current settings are? That is, how and/or when do the doors lock? Next, I'd be remiss if I failed to ask... why do you wish to automatically unlock any of the doors? Maybe I'm just too security conscious but I do not have any of my doors automatically unlock. I would be concerned with being stopped by a nefarious type and would want my door locks under my control regardless of gearshift lever position!

Having said that, let me know how it currently operates and how (both lock and unlock) you want it to work and I will attempt to set mine up the way yours are and then the way you want them to work.

The C-best settings seem difficult to set for many people (dealership personnel included)! I posted a reply sometime ago about how I managed to set mine (and demonstrated/taught my sales rep how!) I don't mind attempting but would like to start from the same position you are in which includes the 'locking' settings!

Right now the doors auto lock when it is taken out of park, They never unlock at all. I want to set them to the setting where it unlocks after you open the drivers door or take the key out of the ignition. My wife likes them to autounlock, especially when she is trying to use the powerdoor and can't use it because the doors are locked. I did the way it says in the manual and it won't work.

It's tricky and you have to have the timing just right. The maual talks about a few seconds time you have to hold the button in or some such, and they are not kidding. You need to hold it a long time (say out loud the 1-Mississippi, 2-Mississippi thing if you have to ;)

But if you follow those instructions you can get the change to take effect.

There is another setting (that you have to take it to the dealer for) which will allow you to open the rear hatch, regarless of whether the doors are locked or not... sounds like your wife agrees with me that this is a GOOD THING.

I also have the doors unlock when I open the driver door, so I don't have to remember to hit the Unlock All button in order to get into the back seat (which I do every day). I do not recommend the unlock when shifter is put into PARK option for safety reasons. You may want to be in PARK but not have your doors unlocked automagically.

yep, turned key to on position, put in neutral like it says, held unlock for 5 seconds and nothing.

are you sure, it worked for me!

have the key turned to the on position but not started

hold unlocking feature for 5 seconds and release

It's tricky and you have to have the timing just right. The maual talks about a few seconds time you have to hold the button in or some such, and they are not kidding. You need to hold it a long time (say out loud the 1-Mississippi, 2-Mississippi thing if you have to ;)

But if you follow those instructions you can get the change to take effect.

There is another setting (that you have to take it to the dealer for) which will allow you to open the rear hatch, regarless of whether the doors are locked or not... sounds like your wife agrees with me that this is a GOOD THING.

I also have the doors unlock when I open the driver door, so I don't have to remember to hit the Unlock All button in order to get into the back seat (which I do every day). I do not recommend the unlock when shifter is put into PARK option for safety reasons. You may want to be in PARK but not have your doors unlocked automagically.

True confessions... I tried multiple times and was unsuccessful... Then I again read the instructions! (I pressed the door lock instead of UNLOCK and lo, it worked. As Skyfish400h said, follow the instructions. I did the following:

1. Opened the door and got in and closed the door

2. Set parking brake

3. Turned the key to ON .. (not start)

4. Press foot brake pedal

5. Shift car to NEUTRAL

6. Pressed drivers power door UNLOCK button (not the one up by the handle but the electric switch)

7. Counted 1 - Mississippi, 2 - Mississippi, etc to 5 - Mississippi

8. Release electric switch.

9. Listened for lock/unlock action

Eureka... it worked. Having read the function, I see that the doors don't unlock until the driver opens their door after having removed the key or positioned it in the "ACC" or "LOCK". I didn't check the latter two. I just checked to see if I removed the key, would it unlock. It didn't until I open the driver's door! I'll buy into that as being safe! If you remove the key and just sit there for more than 10 seconds, only your door unlocks when you get out!