Low Tire Pressure Warning

My low tire pressure warning keeps coming on everytime I get in the car when the temp is below 30. It goes off after about 5-10 minutes of driving. I know that when your tires heat up the tire pressure rises but I sure hope this doesn't happen the entire winter, it's very annoying.

Anyone else have this problem?

I think it's +- 4 or 5 PSI change before the TPMS alarms. Tires will lose about 1 PSI for every 10 degree F drop in ambient temperature. If you aired your tires in 70 degree weather then it's possible the alarm would go off at 30 degrees, especially if they were a little on the low side to begin with. Best thing to do is check your cold inflation pressure when the weather turns cold. If you're checking them on a regular basis, then you ought to catch that anyway.

It happened again tonight, although it is 28 degrees down here in Macon GA tonight. I'm getting tired of that exclimation point lit up in my face while I'm driving though.

I'm surprised other people aren't having this problem.

It happened again tonight, although it is 28 degrees down here in Macon GA tonight. I'm getting tired of that exclimation point lit up in my face while I'm driving though.

I'm surprised other people aren't having this problem.

Did you check your actual tire pressures?

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you that are having the tire pressure warning, when the weather gets cold to where the warning is going off, initialize the system again for the cold temp, the owners manual has the procedure for doing the reset.. I believe the warning comes on at approximately 3 psi from the initial setting... Or as one said have the air replaced with nitrogen, pressure remains the same cold or hot... Costco putts it in tires they install tires.

George

For those of you that are having the tire pressure warning, when the weather gets cold to where the warning is going off, initialize the system again for the cold temp, the owners manual has the procedure for doing the reset.. I believe the warning comes on at approximately 3 psi from the initial setting... Or as one said have the air replaced with nitrogen, pressure remains the same cold or hot... Costco putts it in tires they install tires.

George

When tire pressures drop due to cold weather, you sould pump them back up to spec.

George

When tire pressures drop due to cold weather, you sould pump them back up to spec.

Yes... I thought it was the cold weather... but I did check the PSI... 1 was below 30.... so never just assume its the cold...

Also.. Thats the only time its gone off... granted... its been fairly nice up her in New England.. but it has gotten into the low 20s a few times....