Ls400 And Aftermarket Wheels?

mike92lex

Hey guys, I've recently aquired a 1992 LS400. I love it. Though the stock wheels which came with it are a little outdated in my mind. I want to get some nicer rims and am working with a limited budget. Does anyone know which wheel types, if any, will fit a 92 ls400. I know its a 5 bolt pattern, but that's about as much as I know. I've seen some nice Honda/Ford/Chrysler wheels which are very nice and cheap on ebay, though without knowing what offset/pattern etc, I won't know if they will fit. Aftermarket rims are great, but I find that I can get stock wheel types for a lot less. Any input would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks

-Mike

92 LS400

Hi Mike,

I also am a proud owner of a 92 LS400. I agree -- the stock wheels are outdated. The chrome started to corrode on the inside and outside of mine and I was told to replace them to prevent the loss of tire pressure. I don't know what type of wheels you're looking for but I picked these up at Les Schwab about a year ago for about $100 a piece and have been very happy with them. They are only 15" but they are relatively easy to keep clean and were a huge improvement on the way my car looks, I think.

Best of luck!

Elaine (great female driver -- yes, we do exist)

post-4-1061158232.jpg

Thanks, SRK! The brand is ADR. The product description is: 296551035 15x6.5 5-100/4.5 ADR TYPE 29 SILVER FWD. I'm not sure what all of it means, but the first part must be the model number. Are you looking for new wheels also?

(Does anyone know how to attach pictures so that they show up in the email without having to download them?)

Thanks for the info Elaine.

By the way, I have been driving for longer than most of the guys on this board have been alive, and the near misses that have nearly killed me over the years have all been caused by males, with one exception.

Interesting too that mining companies and others running huge machines prefer female drivers because they tend not to abuse the equipment ( watch what some guys do when they miss a shift - curse the trans and mash the gears anyways) and cost them less in maintenance as a result.

And road rage, one of the worst driving offences possible, is committed almost entirely by males.

Steve, I have to agree with SRK. I'm staying out of that debate....altho as a female driver, I really do appreciate the support.

SRK, I appreciate your comments too. I have never been in an accident but my husband has been in 2. Both were caused by males. :)