Favorite Music ?

dcfish

im still in the hip hop...r&b stage...from the college days

now, id have to say usually in the lex, i dont have a home theatre in my house, and i usually use the comp, but listening to the comp whiling doing work=bad ideaat tomorrows presentation meeting

im still in the hip hop...r&b stage...from the college days

now, id have to say usually in the lex, i dont have a home theatre in my house, and i usually use the comp, but listening to the comp whiling doing work=bad ideaat tomorrows presentation meeting

Yeah, All is good in the listening, I was jammin to a little van morrison today and yesterday I was doing sinatra, It is a little early to listen to the christmas tunes. Maybe on the 11th, 2 weeks prior to the big day. Have any of you been christmasing already ???:cheers:

Robert Bradley's Blackwater Suprise.....

Ralph, if you're a Ray Charles fan, you'll LOVE this guy! He's a nearly blind guy from Detriot, but roots from Alabama. They've put out 4 or 5 albums over the past 8 or 9 years, but the best is the 1st album! If you have I-Tunes, check em' out. The first album has songs like "California" and "Way Back". The...entire...album...is the best album I've ever heard, even more so than U2's Joshua Tree. It's a very blues-ish sound, with a little ray charles upkick. Great Great stuff! My favorite song..."Time To Discover".

http://music.yahoo.com/ar-285833-downloads...kwater-Surprise

http://www.robertbradleymusic.com/mambo/

And when I'm fired up and ready to jam...nothing beats some good ole' fashion Drivin' N' Cryin'....

Robert Bradley's Blackwater Suprise.....

Ralph, if you're a Ray Charles fan, you'll LOVE this guy! He's a nearly blind guy from Detriot, but roots from Alabama. They've put out 4 or 5 albums over the past 8 or 9 years, but the best is the 1st album! If you have I-Tunes, check em' out. The first album has songs like "California" and "Way Back". The...entire...album...is the best album I've ever heard, even more so than U2's Joshua Tree. It's a very blues-ish sound, with a little ray charles upkick. Great Great stuff! My favorite song..."Time To Discover".

http://music.yahoo.com/ar-285833-downloads...kwater-Surprise

http://www.robertbradleymusic.com/mambo/

And when I'm fired up and ready to jam...nothing beats some good ole' fashion Drivin' N' Cryin'....

NC. I thought your favorite tunes would have been from " CHEETOS AND BEER " :lol::lol::lol:

Hahaha... :lol::lol:

Well if truth be told...my all time favorite song is a little diddy I wrote to the music of Bonanza....Shall I sing it?? Oh...why not....it's a sing-a-long for you old farts over 21 "18 if you're southern". It's called.....Beerrun!! And it goes a little something like this: B...double E...double R...u...n....Beerrun!! To Bonanza...

Now sing it too much..and you'll be adding an "S" to the end of it the next morning.. :ph34r: that not good.

Thankfully, you eat enough Cheeto's, and you won't be singing the "s" version...but ripping off Johnny Cash on Ring of Fire.

On that note...I'm out for a few days...gotta head to HQ in the morning...back to Newport Beach, CA I go! Land of the polished people and their $300k Bentely Coupes "that don't have a sunroof!" :blink:

Always a treat to ask the sales folks at Needless Markup "Neiman Marcus" if "ya'll got that in flannel?" Just love those looks I get! :huh:

Hahaha... :lol::lol:

Well if truth be told...my all time favorite song is a little diddy I wrote to the music of Bonanza....Shall I sing it?? Oh...why not....it's a sing-a-long for you old farts over 21 "18 if you're southern". It's called.....Beerrun!! And it goes a little something like this: B...double E...double R...u...n....Beerrun!! To Bonanza...

Now sing it too much..and you'll be adding an "S" to the end of it the next morning.. :ph34r: that not good.

Thankfully, you eat enough Cheeto's, and you won't be singing the "s" version...but ripping off Johnny Cash on Ring of Fire.

On that note...I'm out for a few days...gotta head to HQ in the morning...back to Newport Beach, CA I go! Land of the polished people and their $300k Bentely Coupes "that don't have a sunroof!" :blink:

Always a treat to ask the sales folks at Needless Markup "Neiman Marcus" if "ya'll got that in flannel?" Just love those looks I get! :huh:

Happy sailing, I'm sure you are equiped with the wind. :lol::lol::lol:

ROTFLMAO :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Some '70's, almost any men's a cappella work, classical, and Frank Sinatra/Tony Bennett/Ella Fitzgerald/Vic Damone/etc. (that's XM73-Frank's Place.). I love Christmas music too...good Christmas music, which loosely translates in to any Christmas music performed by someone other than a pop or country music star.

One of the best albums ever, "Sinatra at the Sands" with Count Basie. Then the separate Basie only album from the same show.

Gotta love FRANK, I fed Tony Bennet back in the 80's He ate Calamari, Octopus salad ( insalata polpi ), And pork chop calabrese, . I shook his hand and he wished me all the best. ;)

Gotta love FRANK, I fed Tony Bennet back in the 80's He ate Calamari, Octopus salad ( insalata polpi ), And pork chop calabrese, . I shook his hand and he wished me all the best. ;)
Gotta love Tony too....that's so awesome that you got to meet him! :D

Fav bands of all time would include The Clash and the Dead Kennedys.

I also listen to alot of Jazz (Diana Krall), New Age (Dead Can Dance), New Wave (old stuff like the B-52s and new stuff like the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Cake), and harder stuff (like NiN and Tool).

In the car I spend alot of time on scan and catching news and talk-radio.

I'm almost the youngest you can possibly be and still qualify as a Baby Boomer.

This week it's been Don Dixon's "The Entire Combustible World in One Small Room", "Romeo at Juilliard", and "Romantic Depressive", Roxy Music's "Avalon", Van Morrison's "Moondance", Dave Brubeck's "Time Out", Sam Bush's "Glamour and Grits", and various Christmas albums from Sinatra, Crosby, Torme, Bennett, and Fitzgerald....

This week it's been Don Dixon's "The Entire Combustible World in One Small Room", "Romeo at Juilliard", and "Romantic Depressive", Roxy Music's "Avalon", Van Morrison's "Moondance", Dave Brubeck's "Time Out", Sam Bush's "Glamour and Grits", and various Christmas albums from Sinatra, Crosby, Torme, Bennett, and Fitzgerald....

Nice mix :cheers:

yup, im gonna have to agree with denslexus, i like rap and hip hop, rap especially sounds good in the GX with its insane bass and sound system

But i use appropriate (suitable for a Lexus) music at times when I think it is necessary. ;)

Bass in the GX isnt that much. The bass in the 4R, IMO, is a lot more than the GX.