Aftermarket Cd Decks

When installing an aftermarket CD player do you have to disconnect the factory amp? or can you just leave it connected. If you have to disconnect it how would you do that? would you have to rewire or not??

One more question how much do they dash kits cost? I saw one on the net for $24.50, is that a good price??

Not sure about the amp question, but I recently bought a kit from customwooddashes.com and you really get what you pay for. If by "dash kit" you're talking about a wood dash kit, then the kit I ordered costs $125 and it's supposed to fit like a glove. I put it up and it was off in some areas, so they are sending me a replacment.

I would be suspicious of a kit for only $25.

my .02

its not bad at all.i bought a 25 dollars kit and it fits fine and the only problem is it dont match the smothness of the rest of the black platic but it does work fine.

as for the amp question you dont have to disconnect it.they do sell a harness that acually will let the amp still work.look around its called a amp interagtion harness or something like that.hope this helps

• 7 months later...

bought it either on ebay or at my local stereo shop i cant remember for sure.i know ebay sells them from time to time but i have a 95 so its a different headunit then yours.

if your from delaware its not far from philly at all so i can give you the number to my local stereo shop and they can get you anything you want for your car.let me know if you cant find it still and i will pm you the info.the shop is called all that jazz incase you want to look it up yourself.good luck :D