Bosch +4

chargerucd

Hello,

Just wondering , does that statement cover NGK 2 electrode in the pic?

thanks for the help

yeah, those bosch multi plugs suck...actually imo any multi electrode plug sucks.

Go ahead and torque those bad boys into the head, Then report back when you change them out. :whistles:

Would you recommend the NGK Iridium then?

Just trying to get a good plug for my car!!

Hello,

thanks for the help

yeah, those bosch multi plugs suck...actually imo any multi electrode plug sucks.

Go ahead and torque those bad boys into the head, Then report back when you change them out.:whistles:

post-24219-1165379063_thumb.jpg

Hello,

thanks for the help

Go ahead and torque those bad boys into the head, Then report back when you change them out.:whistles:

Get OEM plugs and enjoy the ride....

Well, i don't mean to be an ingrate, but from previous experience i have seen tht the OEM parts are usually manufacruted more for a "long lasting" performance and not so much for performance(except for maybe Ferrari, porsche, lambo parts). But anyways, I was looking to see if in your experience with Aftermarket parts, there was one that gave the car a bit more performance. I am not talking cheap aftermarket replacement, but good quality that exceeds OEM specs. Maybe there is quite a bit of bias for OEM where my bias is usually against OEM. if that's the case, let's agree to disagree!! :cheers:

not :chairshot:

Chargerucd

Hello,

thanks for the help

Well, i don't mean to be an ingrate, but from previous experience i have seen tht the OEM parts are usually manufacruted more for a "long lasting" performance and not so much for performance(except for maybe Ferrari, porsche, lambo parts). But anyways, I was looking to see if in your experience with Aftermarket parts, there was one that gave the car a bit more performance. I am not talking cheap aftermarket replacement, but good quality that exceeds OEM specs. Maybe there is quite a bit of bias for OEM where my bias is usually against OEM. if that's the case, let's agree to disagree!! :cheers:

Chargerucd

Hello,

thanks for the help

If you did a total rebuild top/bottom of the engine looking at 700+ hp you would still want OEM plugs. There is simply no better plug for your car........ I mean PERIOD.........Did I say that already ???

Get the aftermarket parts that you want, But don't jump on these boards asking for aftermarket info, We here are lexus fanatics, Maybe you want to search for another source for your aspirations. ????

Oh yeah, Here is another thread :http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33501&hl=

There's no such a thing as a magic spark plug. OEM works best so that's the one to use. There's just no disagree to it.

You can make a hobby out of trying different ones, and you'll find some that aren't worth a damn, but you won't find any that work better in a stock engine.

Good information! I too have always wondered if a very expensive aftermarket spark plug can do a magic for my car. It is very tempting when you don't know much about cars like myself. Now, I know the answer. Thank you! :)

Oh, what about the muffler then? I was thinking about MasterFlow.... OEM is still the best choice for mufflers as well?

Well,

There is no way OEM parts are "the best" for your car, since like any business toyota wants a a larger profit margin and will not install better material if it does not improve the bottom line. so do you know for a car to make 700+ HP you need conbustion characteristics way out of stck so OEM Plugs are the last thing you want. so go chack your facts. thus for that scenario you want better performance that OEM doesn't give. DIDN"T I SAY THAT ALREADY.

And that is a forum for if not to request/ share information. so perhaps if you don't to hear anything other than what you don't believe you shouldn't be reading the forums.

Chargerucd

Hello,

thanks for the help

If you did a total rebuild top/bottom of the engine looking at 700+ hp you would still want OEM plugs. There is simply no better plug for your car........ I mean PERIOD.........Did I say that already ???

Get the aftermarket parts that you want, But don't jump on these boards asking for aftermarket info, We here are lexus fanatics, Maybe you want to search for another source for your aspirations. ????

Oh yeah, Here is another thread :http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33501&hl=

Then why the *BLEEP* would Toyota specify Honda parts NGK plugs in ever repair manual ever written, ine ver owners manual ever produced & the majority of all Toyota v8's produced through atleast the mid 1990's used on bank of NGK plugs, and one bank of Denso plugs to conserve Denso plugs on the production line.

Denso, and NGK plugs are designed to work in those ignitio systems. Other plugs are not.

EVEN when you swap to a 1200 horsepower nitrous breathing monster. You're STILL going to be using the OEM ignition, and your'e STILL going to be using the OEM plugs. The only differance is that you're going to drop their associated heat range by 2 NGK/Denso heat ranges.

Stick with NGK, or Denso plugs. You will be bitching by this time next year if you don't. Stock, modified, rebuilt & making 100hp per cylinder... The ignition systems are quites trong, but habitually finiky on the kinds of plugs they like........ Which happen to be the type of plugs they are designed for.

And spark plugs don't give power. There is only two sthat is possible once you've got a good spark to begin with.

One is to make a plug TOO LARGE which takes up space in the cumbsution chamber, there-by increasing the compression & hope you don't go too large, or the plug is hot enough to cause pre-ignition without having to drop a heat range & drop power.

The other is to find the direct orientation of the electrode to the incoming mixtures which promotes the best spread of flame front in the combustion chamber.

Neither are worth anything.

EVEN when you swap to a 1200 horsepower nitrous breathing monster. You're STILL going to be using the OEM ignition, and your'e STILL going to be using the OEM plugs. The only differance is that you're going to drop their associated heat range by 2 NGK/Denso heat ranges.

Why would you build up a high HP engine and use the stock ignition? Are you using the stock tire size also?

Toysrme, you need to rethink the answer. You started on the right track but you blew it with this reply. :chairshot:

My thoughts on plugs: Use the stock plugs with stock applications. If you have a vehicle that requires multi anode plugs, use then them (Volvo, Porsche, Saab all require duel tip or tri tip plugs for the OEM part). If you pump up the performance you need to balance the performance parts to achieve the maximum potential. The ignition is good on the Toyota 6 cylinder but when the performance goes way beyond the design specs you need to get an ignition system designed for that HP range.

Because the stock COP & WS ignition systems from the 1mz-fe onwards are enough spark for atleast 1200hp to begin with. They are superior to the JZ family of ignitions. While the coils themselves are not as strong as a single coil. Because they have some much more dwell time to store energy, the spark itself is much more capible when pushing high rpm (low dwell time), and high horsepower.

Provided you continue to use plugs that will perform adiquately. Because NGK/Denso plugs are rated @ 100*C per heat step VS about 70*F per step on other plugs, they are much more suerviveable, and to achive such power. You really only need to drop one, or two heat ranges on the plugs.

I don't need to rethink *BLEEP*. Thank you. ;)

Why would you build up a high HP engine and use the stock ignition? Are you using the stock tire size also?

Toysrme, you need to rethink the answer. You started on the right track but you blew it with this reply.:chairshot:

My thoughts on plugs: Use the stock plugs with stock applications. If you have a vehicle that requires multi anode plugs, use then them (Volvo, Porsche, Saab all require duel tip or tri tip plugs for the OEM part). If you pump up the performance you need to balance the performance parts to achieve the maximum potential. The ignition is good on the Toyota 6 cylinder but when the performance goes way beyond the design specs you need to get an ignition system designed for that HP range.

Thius thread needs to be closed. It is also evident that "Guru" status doesn't relate to automotive knowlege.

Anybody used Boech +4 spark plugs?

does anybody have any "favorite plugs" for their ride?

Just wondering what to get for my next upgrade.

chargerucd

Anybody used Boech +4 spark plugs?

does anybody have any "favorite plugs" for their ride?

Just wondering what to get for my next upgrade.

chargerucd

Here's my three cents worth, I have tried Bosch and Splitfire plugs in other Japanese engines and found no improvement in fuel mileage or performance. The OEM has engineered the engine (combustion dynamics, fuel delivery, and ignition) to provide the best driveability, reliability, and performance for any specific stock engine. If you are only trying to maintain what is already provided, then stay with the OEM recommendation. If you are re-designing the engine to produce higher performance, then you should select an appropriate spark plug based on your own engineering expertise, or at least based on the recommenadtions of an experienced engine tuner. You can't seperate the total package, the ignition system (including the spark plugs) must play well with the fuel/air system and the mechanical aspects of the engine. I don't think that that any spark plug would improve performance or fuel economy in a stock or nearly stock engine. For my money, I would stick with the OEM spark plugs.

Closing threads is not what this club is about ,you guys should know that.

Stick with some facts and not ego's though guys.

thanks

BTW i have NGK iridium's and they don't do a think for feeling a difference.

Probably go back to a nice copper plug as they wear faster but my engine is easy to change.

I'll also throw this in general maintenance as it has little to do with a specific engine but the "BEST" plug.

Thank you for your HELP,

I just want to add that when i(or other people) post questions i don't expect to have people bring a closed mind and start to batter one for trying to get information from more experienced lexus users. I am not experienced on asian makes, but have had American cars for 20 years and thus have formed ideas about cars and parts. so i come hare to get to get the practices and tricks to these cars.

sorry if i offended people.

ChargerUcd

Closing threads is not what this club is about ,you guys should know that.

Stick with some facts and not ego's though guys.

thanks

BTW i have NGK iridium's and they don't do a think for feeling a difference.

Probably go back to a nice copper plug as they wear faster but my engine is easy to change.

I'll also throw this in general maintenance as it has little to do with a specific engine but the "BEST" plug.