How Do You Replace Front Turn Signal Bulbs On 98?

Hi Flipspeed, I thought I posted this topic before but anywhoo, I have a 98 as well and it drove nutz until I finally figured it out.

1. There is a black plastic covering that you have to remove first to get to a single phillips screw undreneath.

2. To remove the plastic shroud, you have to remove the the plastic pin to be able to lift the plastic covering. The pin is a pin within a pin (if that makes any sense), you have to raise the top portion up fiirst before you can pop the pin out.

3. After you get access to the small phillips screw, ( you will know its the right one cause it is screwed over a plastic part connected to the assembly, remove that one screw.

4. Now this is the hard part, it may be tight but all you have to do is try to move/slide the assembly forward in a straight motion starting from the rear of the car towards the front of the car. Mines was really tight, so I figured out a little trick - I used a very small sized plastic wire tie wrap and slipped it through the hole where the phillips screw went. Gave it a slow steady pressure (from back to front) as I was scared to break anything, and it came right out.

5. the rest is cake.

silverstarts are great for halogen.im geetting my 6000k hid philips kit in tomorrow and will be installing them also.i cant wait to see what it will look like compaired to the silverstars.i will for sure be posting some pics of it and a compairisen of it.

the plastic pin/screws that hold the shroud are pretty trick! :lol: i know sylvannia makes silverstar high beams but not the low beams. the low beams should be coming out sometime this fall. i have cool blues for both and they're way better than standard ones! ive been doing a litte research on bulbs a while ago and high performace bubs from sylvannia and piaa last on average about 2 yrs. i was going to shell out the big bucks for the piaa xtreme whites but since they only last 2 yrs, i figured it wasnt worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a '96 ES300 and the left front lite is flashing quickly, so I checked and found that bulb is dimmer than the right side. However when I looked down inside, I found I would have to take the battery and possibly the air cleaner out as well to get to the bulbs. Is there an easier way? Can I get to it through the wheel well? I've done the fog lamp once and it was a trip!!

hey, i have the same question about accessing my left turn signal. it's funny that the left turn signal seems to burn out more frequently than the right turn one. maybe it's because we have to wait longer to take a left turn than a right turn so the bulb gets more use on average?

anyway, i too have a lot of trouble accessing my left turn signal (2000 model) without removing the battery etc. and it was trick getting that fog light removed for cleaning.

any tips on how to do it on a 2000?