Bluetooth Phone Upload Problem

I have a 2006 400H and have couple of strange things going on with the phone interface.

1) When I upload from my Treo 700P I get a bunch of vertical bars as the phone number in the phone book. Has anyone figured out what the problem is?

2) When I get an incoming call the in-car display shows a random name as the caller id. The phone is correct but the display seems to do a random lookup from my address book. Most embarasing when my wife calls and it shows my girl friend (just kidding dear).

3) The dealer shows me how to adjust the mic sensitivity for the hands free kit. That helped a lot but now I would like to fine tune it a little and forgot how to access that menu.

4) Is there any way to flash update the nav system or phone system in general? The dealer has said no but I think the Toyota/Lexus engineers are smart enough to include that obvious feature.

Thanks

I have a 2006 400H and have couple of strange things going on with the phone interface.

1) When I upload from my Treo 700P I get a bunch of vertical bars as the phone number in the phone book. Has anyone figured out what the problem is?

2) When I get an incoming call the in-car display shows a random name as the caller id. The phone is correct but the display seems to do a random lookup from my address book. Most embarasing when my wife calls and it shows my girl friend (just kidding dear).

Thanks

You don't state who your service provider is. Some of the upload issues relate to who the carrier is. For example our Verizon service provider only got their act together a few months ago, relating to car / bluetooth interface issues.

• 1 month later...
My phone service provider is Sprint.

Steve Sinclair, the Senior Product Manager, Palm OS Wireless Products has issued statement that addresses these people's complaints. It says, in part:

Dissatisfaction with Bluetooth performance is clearly a top customer issue and our technical team has been working to overcome Bluetooth hardware limitations to deliver improved performance on the 700p. Tops among these is improving the stability of the Bluetooth connection between the phone and the headset/carkit. We hope to have a patch specifically available for Bluetooth early in the new year assuming it passes through all its certifications and is approved by the carriers. At that time, we'll be able to publish an updated compatibility list, but to be upfront about this, the number of devices we have time to test is limited, so some users may still be disappointed that their headset or carkit isn't listed. That doesn't mean it doesn't work - it just means we didn't have the resources to test it.

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=12689

Palm VP Promises Treo 700p Update - 12/15/2006