Ls430 Trunk Lift Supports

boblexus430

Trunk? I'm just surprised, I've never seen a trunk lid come down. Now the hood, that mammoth beast, that's a whole different story. We can give you lots of links for the hood.

(If you happen to be a Brit living in Long Island, because of the different terms we use, we can probably help)

• 1 month later...

Trunk? I'm just surprised, I've never seen a trunk lid come down. Now the hood, that mammoth beast, that's a whole different story. We can give you lots of links for the hood.

(If you happen to be a Brit living in Long Island, because of the different terms we use, we can probably help)

Actually that is what the part is called on the Lexus LS430... or the hydrolic arms to easily open or close the trunk.. The Lexus parts department wants $157.00 per support... how outrageous is that? So back to the original question... are there any aftermarket suppliers for this trunk lift support?

I don't know your region at all, but there's gotta be at least one import auto parts place around town. If not, then just google "lexus auto parts" or "trunk struts" and you'll find a whole host of autoparts suppliers. That's how I got the replacement hydrolic struts for my SC. I don't remember the site, otherwise I'd give you the IP address.

Last but not least, never buy anything from the stealership.:pirate: Well...except for those certain items that Lexus has made sure that nobody else will ever have the resources to supply or reproduce aftermarket.

I've saved SO MUCH money over the years by going through my local import parts shop and online (not to mention the savings by doing my own labor). Prime example: the stealership wanted $1,200 for a complete brake job (new rotors and pads all the way around). I did it all myself for well under $300! My wife's door handle sheered off just a couple weeks ago. Stealer wanted $100 just for the part. Got it online for $26 and replaced it myself! ;) Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

I don't know your region at all, but there's gotta be at least one import auto parts place around town. If not, then just google "lexus auto parts" or "trunk struts" and you'll find a whole host of autoparts suppliers. That's how I got the replacement hydrolic struts for my SC. I don't remember the site, otherwise I'd give you the IP address.

Last but not least, never buy anything from the stealership.:pirate: Well...except for those certain items that Lexus has made sure that nobody else will ever have the resources to supply or reproduce aftermarket.

I've saved SO MUCH money over the years by going through my local import parts shop and online (not to mention the savings by doing my own labor). Prime example: the stealership wanted $1,200 for a complete brake job (new rotors and pads all the way around). I did it all myself for well under $300! My wife's door handle sheered off just a couple weeks ago. Stealer wanted $100 just for the part. Got it online for $26 and replaced it myself! ;) Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Supercoupe400 I have turned the world upside down and can't find a trunk hydraulic strut for a 2001 LS430... any suggestions? besides the stealer?

• 2 weeks later...

I know a Lexus dealer online that will sell them for $86 each

can you post the link please?

Thermactor, can you post the link PLEASE!

I found it guys.... It's the same place I shop. 30% off of retail. It is under "Bodt Hardware"

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...amp;catalogid=0

bsouth123, I drilled down for a 2001 LS430.. nothing under Body Parts...

I know a Lexus dealer online that will sell them for $86 each

can you post the link please?

Thermactor, can you post the link PLEASE!

I found it guys.... It's the same place I shop. 30% off of retail. It is under "Bodt Hardware"

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...amp;catalogid=0

bsouth123, I drilled down for a 2001 LS430.. nothing under Body Parts...

Try this....

Lexus

Ls430

Body Hardware ----Trunk----Lift cylinder

It might be better to just buy an electric motor or an actuator to open and close it ,plus it looks nice.

SK, that sounds exactly like what I've been looking to do. Is this something that can be self-installed? Do you have this on your LS? Was it installed at a shop or did you do it yourself?

I don't have it but getting an electric actuator from an audio shop should not be too hard.

Autoloc makes kits that can be used for anything such as this.

Use the light bulb in the trunk to activate the switch for it to open and a button inside the trunk to close it.