Unit Conversion

DutchGX

Hi all. I'm new to this forum and from Europe so pardon my English. A friend of mine lived in the US for a year and took a GX470 home to The Netherlands. So far so good.

He wants to localize the car so i have a few questions :

1. Is there a way to switch from miles to kilometers and from Fahrenheit to Celcius?

2. Is there a way to make the DVD player region-free so he can use European DVD's?

3. Can he get European maps for the NAV or is there another solution?

Lexus over here is no help because the car was not sold through "the appropriate channels"...

Thanks in advance.

Hi all. I'm new to this forum and from Europe so pardon my English. A friend of mine lived in the US for a year and took a GX470 home to The Netherlands. So far so good.

He wants to localize the car so i have a few questions :

1. Is there a way to switch from miles to kilometers and from Fahrenheit to Celcius?

2. Is there a way to make the DVD player region-free so he can use European DVD's?

3. Can he get European maps for the NAV or is there another solution?

Lexus over here is no help because the car was not sold through "the appropriate channels"...

Thanks in advance.

Hello and Welcome. No problem with the English, everyone makes mistakes with their English here anyways. lol :D But Im positively sure you can convert from miles to km and from F to C. For your second inquiry, Im not familiar with that. There should be PLENTY of European maps that can be loaded onto the NAV. Is there a local Lexus dealer in your area? If there is, inquire with them about purchasing the DVD with the maps to load onto the system. ;)

If you have any more questions, feel free to post them here!

first thing is to check this site www.lexus-europe.com so if you cant buy form netherlands buy it from somewhere coz most gps done in europe is mostly europewide but the problem is the language. i think none of them sells the GX . only the GS , rx, ls and sc.