2007 Acura Rdx

RX in NC

My former boss bought one of those Acura's for his wife last year, and they love it! Said it was amazing, and nothing like the typical honda ride "jarring and harsh". But, it was new, so no telling how it will ride at 30k miles. Most Acura's I've ridden in that were more than two years old, rode hard, and some had a very hard engagement into 2nd and 3rd gears. My wife's 03' Civic EX nearly gives me hemmroids, and everytime we go over the top of a hill, I'm practically airborne in my seat. Course', she's a Carolina girl, and drives like freakin' Dale Earnhardt Jr., which the insurance company doesn't know about. :whistles:

I would take a look at one that was used, with say 30k miles on it. Although I'm sure technology had improved the car's driving characteristics, I think a used one would give you an idea of what it'll be like in the future. One thing I do know about honda engines, is that they love synthetic oils, which keeps them quieter than normal. They do get a bit buzzy at times.

I heard Michael Jordon Nissan was offering 22's spinner on their Sentra's, ya' beatch. $15k for the car, $20k for the wheels....makes perfect sence to me....

We had a 1989 Acura Legend (a rare 5-speed manual) in our family for more than 13 years - it was a great car and was relatively trouble-free for nearly 200,000 miles. My daughter's first car was a 5-year old 1986 Honda CRX and she kept it for more than 7 years (until I gave her the Acura to replace it in 1998) and she drove that CRX like a bat out of hell for more than 90,000 miles. So my experiences with Acura/Honda have been very positive.

But the RDX is Acura's first turbo engine so I'm a bit concerned about that. I also don't like the fact that the RDX engine requires Mobil 1 or else you void the warranty. And I also don't like that it requires 91 octane fuel. And as I said above, I don't like the oversized rims and pricey low-profile tires that will probably be shot in 30,000 miles even with the best of care.

You're correct in that I want to hold off and see how these RDXs are doing once they get a few miles rolled up on them. That's just one of many reasons that I'm going to do my best to keep my wife in her aging but well-maintained RX300 as long as I can. I still think that a fully-equipped Subaru Outback is perfect for her needs, but I'll have a hard time getting her to drop her perception that it's nothing more than a tricked-up station wagon.

Did you know that in honor of James Brown, this week only Michael Jordan Nissan is upgrading all Muranos and Pathfinders to 26-inch rims with low-profile tires about the thickness of Allen Iverson's headband, all at no extra charge. I heard that you can also request a free custom-designed P. Diddy 8-inch diameter mink-covered steering wheel and a roof-mounted subwoofer that's about the size and shape of a two-person jacuzzi....